Not sure of wedding ceremony time, but want to go to Stingray sandbar.

Scubabum

Can you just hire a boat or water taxi to take you to Stingray sandbar and go snorkeling? My niece is getting married on GC so I can't go on the morning tours. I just have to wing it since we still don't know the time of the ceremony (in 14 days). I really want to see the stingrays, I am so bummed I won't be able to dive, but at least snorkle.

Is there a great shore snorkle to take a taxi to? I have my own gear.

thanks.

Actually, I am getting married in Cayman in early June and had the same problem. We are doing the wedding and stingrays.

We had to book a private tour/boat. You cannot do a regular tour because there simply is not enough time to get back to the ship. I think the early afternoon group tours left at 1:00 and didn't get back until 4:00 Cayman time.

The private boat is expensive, but I don't plan on taking seven of us back to Cayman anytime soon so I thought what the heck:)

Check into the private tours. We are going in July and want to do a couple of tours. This did not fit into the ship tour's schedules. We booked a private tour cheaper than one tour from the ship.

The private companies are a lot better in customizing what you want to do.

There's two or three places to shore snorkel from, fairly close to the downtown pier. Head to the right along the main road that follows the waterfront, and you'll run into Eden Rock and a couple of other spots with rental gear and facilities, etc.

If you're pressed for time, that's going to be your best bet for a quick and easy (and free) snorkel.

The only way you're going to get out to Stingray City is via one of the private tour companies if they can find a time frame to fit your needs, or by chartering a boat (which most of the tour companies can arrange as well...everyone usually knows someone they can recommend). It's going to be much more expensive, so it may not be worth it to you for this trip. Gives you an excuse to return, though... :D

Thanks for the info. i will for sure do the shore snorkeling, have to check with everyone else in our group and see if they want to share a private tour to Stingray Sandbar.

If you've got a wedding already taking up part of your day, there's no way you'll have time to shore snorkel and go to Stingray City. It'll be one or the other...sorry...

Archived