Wii Fit

babymomma

July ~ Too funny, I will have to give the wine a try though, might make it interesting. :D

That Jillian can be a real drill sargeant can't she? :D

Thanks for all the info. BTW DH gave it a go and it said he was unblanced. I could have told him that!! :rolleyes:

He didn't do half as well as he thought he would. Only tried the soccer, and he's a player and he got hit in the head more times than I, and not by the soccer balls!

Hi all!

Deb ~ that wasn't very nice of her, calling you that!:eek: My neighbour was over tonight & I showed her the Wii so she asked me how much it is. Sales might be up this Christmas if all our friends & Families buy it.

July ~ I have the same problem with the soccer balls. How come those Panda & shoes can find your head but the balls can't?!:confused: I was great at hula hoop when I was a kid but now I suck!:o

I set my goal for 2 lbs in 2 weeks & made it~ set your goals low enough & you'll succeed!:D

Take care.

~Jo~ :)

Sue, do you like your Wii plus??? Was thinking of buying it and would love just a short review if you don't mind!!! What is different? Thanks so much!

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. When I"m working I don't even have a chance to work out (12 hour shifts). I'm off now so I hope to get to more of the plus this weekend. Until I do I don't think I can review it yet as I haven't checked all of it out. I'll get back to you later this weekend.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

So much for seeing what the new stuff is today. I got on and got 10 minutes of the advanced step in then I started a new marching - coordination one. Was doing good on that until I stepped on the edge of my board and tried to break my ankle. :( I did manage to displace my mirror though. I thought I'd better stop after that and thankfully my ankle didn't swell up. Guess I'm not coordinated enough. :D

Just rented the Wii biggest looser... Holy Cow! Way better work out than the Fit, and Fit Plus. Don't get me wrong I like them both, but BL is a more intense workout the moves all flow together. I was actually breathing hard, got my heart rate up and was sweating.

The fit and + just barely did that for me. I have worked out on the fit for about 3 months then took a break for the summer. Started up with the + when it was released a few weeks ago. I do like it, just doesn't get my heart rate up for very long.

On BL I picked Bob for a trainer and beginner, 4 week workout, 19 min. Glad I started off with beginner. So I will give this a try for a week and see if I get board with it. Not sure if I want to actually purchase it yet. I'll keep you posted.

Keep up the hard work.

Forgot to add... the calorie counter, not sure how accurate it is. It claims I only burned 40 calories, sure felt like more. that why I think a body bug would be nice.

Edited by Jods00
calorie counter

Okay, some of the new activites on the Wii Plus are:

Perfect 10

Island Cycling

Rhythm Kung Fu

Driving Range

Seqway Circuit

Birds Eye Bulls Eye

Snowball Fight

Obstacle Course

Tilt City

Rhythm Parade

Big Top Juggling

Skateboard Arena

Table Tilt Plus

Balance Bubble Plus and

Basic Run Plus

You can also put all your favorites in a "folder" called My Wii Fit Plus.

I did manage to get to the advanced island bike ride. I enjoy that except when you can't find all the flags.

Have a great day!

Yesterday I went out and bought myself the Wii system (for my birthday next week!) and the Wii balance board/Fit program. Walmart had the Wii for $199 (which I was able to hook up myself! :D) and the Wii Fit with board for $89. I also bought the Wii Fit Plus disc for $19.95 for future use - figured I couldn't beat the price. Well the Wii came with the sports pack so I had fun last night setting up my Mii and bowling. I even won a game against my teen son!

This morning I woke up ready to do my Wii fit test - no surprise my BMI said I was overweight but my Wii fit age said 37 (I will be 45 next week)! That made me feel good! I started with aerobics, balancing, and some yoga, and did 30 minutes. It was fun, and I could feel the workout! I loved the jog around the island. Anyway - thanks to all for the good info and motivation! I look forward to working out each day.

Question: I am a teacher and get up early every day. Not sure what's better - should I try to push a morning workout or work out in the evening? Is there a "better" time?

July & Jo - you had me cracking up with the panda heads and shoes - until I actually tried it myself! My brain also has a problem distinguishing between the three! :p

I've had my WiiFit for a couple of months and haven't used it much. I just moved all my furinature around and am all set to start using it on a regular basis now... does anyone have tips for finding the time to use it?

Hi all!

AK Wife ~ good for you getting the whole system & at a good price. That

fit age is crazy ~ I'm 62 & I've been as low as 47 & as high as 72!:eek:

As for the time, I usually do it after breakfast & my computer hour (=10 am) so when I went on it in the afternoon the other day it said you should try to do it around the same time. Another time it suggested having a banana before doing it so I guess you should eat first.

My DD had the unit for quite a while before she moved to NB & occasionally it asks me where she is or how's her posture? It's so friendly sometimes!:D

TAke care.

~Jo~ :)

The Wii is user-friendly, and comes across very friendly, however what you describe sounds kind of creepy! :p

Actually when I had completed 30 minutes of activity, I went to the "mall" (?) and then tried to redo my Mii, and when I went back to Wii Fit, it asked if I had eaten breakfast yet!? Very funny. I said no and went and ate! :D

Kind of excited about what I will do tomorrow!

Have a great week everyone!

Twila

I've had my WiiFit for a couple of months and haven't used it much. I just moved all my furinature around and am all set to start using it on a regular basis now... does anyone have tips for finding the time to use it?

I find that if I don't exercise when I first get up I procrastinate all day long and end up not exercising. I don't eat breakfast until after either.

Today I did the wii active and for the first time I added the long run back in. Of course it kept telling me I was running to slow but theres only so far you can run in a bedroom! (That's where I have it set up, I don't like listening to my hubby's comments if I'm in the living room.) My hubby even made a comment that my clothes were looking baggy on me, guess it's time to think about getting some better fitting ones especially with a cruise coming up in 45 days! :D

Have a great day all!

Way to go on getting a Wii.

As far as finding time, like any work out you have to make yourself do. Pick a time that works for you and try to stick with it. I think the Wii is fun and would rather workout with any of my Wii exercise games over a workout DVD.

Keep at it.

Hello Fellow Wii'ers!

I find it hard to keep to a schedule for the Wii. I do find that if I work out earlier in the day, I am much better at certain things like Yoga and balance. My trainer has even pointed out to me that my shakey legs are due to it being so late at night and my being tired!

I did the yoga, runs and some strength training on Saturday and I couldn't beleive that I was actually a little sore on Saturday night. Never thought that it would give a good enough workout but I guess I was wrong.

Sunday we walked about 8 miles (5K walk and then shopping downtown, all on foot) We were at the park at 7 in the morning and didn't get home until almost 4, walking and moving the whole day except for about 30 min. when we grabbed a quick bite. Last night I couldn't stand without groaning and moaning.

Will the machine give you regular (or weekly) reports? Will it tell you if you've lost a few pounds or do you have to delete and redo the info to see the new results. I am hoping that I had a loss this week although I had plenty of wine over the last three days and ate dinner out twice. We shall see how it worked out.

Will the machine give you regular (or weekly) reports? Will it tell you if you've lost a few pounds or do you have to delete and redo the info to see the new results.

With the fit and the plus there is a graph/chart to track how you are doing form the very first day you get it. you can do a body test once a day if you want.

Most of the different exercise games lets you track your progress.

Thanks Jods, I thought that if I did the body test over, it would just delete everything so I didn't try it. Guess I should get out the book that came with it and actually read the instructions. :o:D

My son set me all up so I just followed his directions. I really should learn to use it properly and get full advantage.

The other day I was all set up and doing my stretches and ready to try the running program for the first time. I was set to go and was instructed to put the hand control in my pocket. Pocket??? I'm usually in jammies when working out. Isn't that the point of doing it in your own home?? :p

Thanks Jods, I thought that if I did the body test over, it would just delete everything so I didn't try it. Guess I should get out the book that came with it and actually read the instructions. :o:D

My son set me all up so I just followed his directions. I really should learn to use it properly and get full advantage.

The other day I was all set up and doing my stretches and ready to try the running program for the first time. I was set to go and was instructed to put the hand control in my pocket. Pocket??? I'm usually in jammies when working out. Isn't that the point of doing it in your own home?? :p

You can set up a goal and a time limit to meet the goal and the Wii will track your progress against the goal. You need to do the body test every day to see your results against the goal. So far, I am going backwards!

Ok it's official, I am going to buy the wii biggest looser. I have had the rental for 4 days now and love it. Feel like I am getting a more intense workout in.

I will still use my plus though to enter my measurements, and to have a different workout to rotate in and out.

I am off tomorrow for a weekend of shopping in Buffalo with my sister's.

I am hoping to be good and keep to diet but they are already planning on eating at those restaurants we don't have in Canada like Bob Evans and Olive Garden :eek: Thank goodness they both serve salad (as if!).

Will wish you all a fabulous weekend now as I won't be back until Sunday.

Be back on then. :)

May I suggest you look at the nutrition guide from both restaurants.

You would be surprised that some of the salads have more calories than some of the dinners.

http://www.bobevans.com/menu/nutrition.aspx

http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/garden_fare/nutrition_information.asp

Hope this helps, then you know what you can order ahead of time and still be healthy.

Enjoy your time with your family.