BUS FROM CT to NYC

LOWTYD

Sorry if this a repeat but I did a seach and couldn't find anything. Has anyone taken a bus from CT and if so can you let me know what line and goes to the NYC Manhattan pier? Helping out someone on my roll call who is looking for alternate transporatation other than a car.

Thanks,

Sandy

It depends, aside from Greyhound, the only regular bus service these days are offered by Megabus (owned by Coach USA / StageCoach group) between Hartford, CT and NYC's Penn Station. Typical round-trip price of $21.00 - go to their website for more details.

It will then be a $10 to $15 yellow taxi ride one-way from MSG/Penn Station to the nearby pier. Otherwise, it is a very, very long walk and not recommended with luggage ....

We've taken a bus from N. Haven to the Port Authority, then taxi to pier It stops at a few places along the way. PeterPan and Greyhound had runs. It was ~ $75 for 2. And the taxi would be about $15. Good luck.

I always wonder why from North Haven you just don't take the commuter train from New Haven that runs every hour and is much faster and much cheaper....and much nicer. It drops you at grand central and it will be about the same for the cab ride....(you can take Amtrak to penn Station but that costs more and doesn't run as often)....

Archived