Downgrading stateroom with Early Saver?

Fat Boy

You got lucky, what else can we say??? The rules on early saver say $50 pp will be charged, and you managed to get a supervisor who didnt charge you. I wish I had some of your luck, Iv run into road blocks lately on several things and going thru my PVP, which means it is easier to say no to me (imo) because she is a rule follower.

Then dump here. I rarely use the same PVP twice - just use whoever answers the phone when booking a cruise.

Then dump here. I rarely use the same PVP twice - just use whoever answers the phone when booking a cruise.

I think she is a good PVP, just keeps running into road blocks. The latest is Carnival wants to charge me more for my cabin on Ecstasy next January, because its going to be a balcony. To me this should be a non issue. Carnival is threatening to move me to another OV if I dont agree to pay more for the selected cabin. I knew it would be a balcony by Januauary, Carnival allowed me to select it, now they want more $$$$??

Before that it was I booked a 1A last minute as a B2B with the Crazies cruise, she found out after she promised me $50 as a welcome back credit, that there is now a new rule cant be applied to a 1A. I could have booked Voyager B2B with my cruise last week for the same price as the 1A, so acting like its such a cheap cabin doesnt cut much slack with me.

We have had about 3 issues like this .... all lately. I cant believe Carnival actually thinks I will pay more for a already booked cabin?? Thats the one that surprises me. Upsell called me to upsell me my already booked cabin for more $$$. btw this is still ongoing, PVP is still having to fight to let me keep my booked cabin. Still going on this whole week. This one neither of us is backing down from.

firefly333----I wouldn't back down from that one either. If you knew, then Carnival knew that stateroom would become a balcony before your sail date. If they wanted more money for it, they should have sold it as such.

You guys may be right, maybe I just got lucky, but this is what I see when I read the terms & conditions of early saver as it applies to my situation:

1. $50 fee to change sail date, ship or name. I was not doing any of these.

2. Price reduction request must be for same catagory. Technically I was not requesting an early saver rate reduction. I was only requesting to move to different rooms.

3. I can't find anything in the terms & conditions that says you can't change staterooms.

In the midst of the conversation, once they told me they would switch me without fee, they also said that my new booking would stay at the same price I was currently booked at. Which would have been fine as I could have then submitted the early saver price request form for each of the cabins. As it worked out, when they moved me the new rooms went in at the new lower past guest rate, so I did not have to submit the forms.

It's all very confusing and a bit mis-leading, but unless I'm missing something in terms and conditions of early saver, I just don't see legal wording that allows for a change fee in this particular situation.

Now having said all that, I know I sometimes come across very argumentative (DH says stubborn and bull headed):D. I don't mean to, I'm just trying to understand this new program and provide anything that might help someone else.:)

firefly333----I wouldn't back down from that one either. If you knew, then Carnival knew that stateroom would become a balcony before your sail date. If they wanted more money for it, they should have sold it as such.

You guys may be right, maybe I just got lucky, but this is what I see when I read the terms & conditions of early saver as it applies to my situation:

1. $50 fee to change sail date, ship or name. I was not doing any of these.

2. Price reduction request must be for same catagory. Technically I was not requesting an early saver rate reduction. I was only requesting to move to different rooms.

3. I can't find anything in the terms & conditions that says you can't change staterooms.

In the midst of the conversation, once they told me they would switch me without fee, they also said that my new booking would stay at the same price I was currently booked at. Which would have been fine as I could have then submitted the early saver price request form for each of the cabins. As it worked out, when they moved me the new rooms went in at the new lower past guest rate, so I did not have to submit the forms.

It's all very confusing and a bit mis-leading, but unless I'm missing something in terms and conditions of early saver, I just don't see legal wording that allows for a change fee in this particular situation.

Now having said all that, I know I sometimes come across very argumentative (DH says stubborn and bull headed):D. I don't mean to, I'm just trying to understand this new program and provide anything that might help someone else.:)

Oh yea, I accidently booked a deck higher than I probably would have, didnt see the balconies started on Main, assumed they started on Upper and called back immediately and was told by my PVP that downgrading one deck I would have to pay $50 pp, so my PVP and Carnival sees it as a change if you choose to downgrade. (just one of the myriad things that has come up that used to be easier before I booked early saver).

Archived