Some specific, kind of odd, Freedom Questions.....

nmyorkiemom

We(Me, DH, DS20 & DD17) are cruising on Freedom 7/26 and will be accompanied by my DSis & her DH, a Niece w/ DH & a 2 yr old, 1 yr old. We've come up with a few questions I'm in hopes someone can help with....

1. Are the shower heads in the cabins the type that can be hand held? (easier I hear to shower the toddlers)

2. I assume 2 formal nights....which nights?

3. Does anyone have recent experience with what the Club 02 possible excursion is?

4. Is there a scale in the locker rooms or spa/gym? I will likely need to weigh some suitcases before heading to the airport.

5. Does anyone have info on the Drink of the Day card you can buy on 1st day?

6. I read about doing the bobsledding in Jamaica thru a private tour, but can't seem to get any more info on which tour company. Also, do you HAVE to ride that chair lift thing to get to the bobsled? (I'm not thrilled with those!! but HAVE to bobsled!)

7. does anyone know if aft balconies 7442 & 7444 have sofas?

8. Can the aft balcony dividers be opened?

Thanks for all your help!!

I can help you with your first two questions. The shower head is the type that can be hand held. Formal nights will probably be the first full day at sea with the last formal night being the last full day at sea as long as you do not arrive back at the port of embarkation the next day.

Yes, you do have to ride the lift to get to the bobsled. It's on top of a mountain. http://www.rainforestrams.com/jamicaintro.html

When we went on the Inspiration in October the shower did have the ones you can pull off.

Oh and the drink of the day card is $23+ 15% grat.

You can buy it at any bar on board and it's good for 5 drinks.

I know that on the Conquest there was a scale in the gym. However, the gym was closed the night before and day of debarkation, so you were out of luck. Best bet is to buy one of those hand held (hanging)kind of scales. They are easy to tuck in your suitcase.

We(Me, DH, DS20 & DD17) are cruising on Freedom 7/26 and will be accompanied by my DSis & her DH, a Niece w/ DH & a 2 yr old, 1 yr old. We've come up with a few questions I'm in hopes someone can help with....

1. Are the shower heads in the cabins the type that can be hand held? (easier I hear to shower the toddlers)

2. I assume 2 formal nights....which nights?

3. Does anyone have recent experience with what the Club 02 possible excursion is?

4. Is there a scale in the locker rooms or spa/gym? I will likely need to weigh some suitcases before heading to the airport.

5. Does anyone have info on the Drink of the Day card you can buy on 1st day?

6. I read about doing the bobsledding in Jamaica thru a private tour, but can't seem to get any more info on which tour company. Also, do you HAVE to ride that chair lift thing to get to the bobsled? (I'm not thrilled with those!! but HAVE to bobsled!)

7. does anyone know if aft balconies 7442 & 7444 have sofas?

8. Can the aft balcony dividers be opened?

Thanks for all your help!!

There is a scale in the gym on the Freedom. The last day of the cruise there was a line for the scale as everyone wanted to weight their luggage.

A suggestion I heard recently for little ones is to buy a small, inexpensive blow up pool to take. Then it can be used as a "tub" and a "pool." Especially nice if there is a balcony cabin involved.

There are 2 formal nights on a six day cruise, but I don't know which nights on this itinerary. (they are usually the 2nd night and 5th night)

Every other aft divider can be opened, so you have a 50-50 chance!

Have a great cruise!

I would invest in a digital portable luggage scale - as a serious overpacker it is has helped me both at home before leaving - and I throw it in my carry on (it is quite small) and then use it for 'distributing' things in the suitcases on the way home. Well worth it.

As soon as you board you should go to purser's desk and get on the 'list' for having your balcony divider opened - I understand on some ships there is a limit as to how many they will accept! (and you have to have a person from each cabin there to 'agree')

I would invest in a digital portable luggage scale - as a serious overpacker it is has helped me both at home before leaving - and I throw it in my carry on (it is quite small) and then use it for 'distributing' things in the suitcases on the way home. Well worth it.

As soon as you board you should go to purser's desk and get on the 'list' for having your balcony divider opened - I understand on some ships there is a limit as to how many they will accept! (and you have to have a person from each cabin there to 'agree')

Does anyone have a brand/model for a good luggage scale? I've always wondered about them & if they are close to accurate.

Thanks!

Archived