what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....:D

Dear god I laughed myself right into an asthma attack on that one and it was so worth it.

okay, I found this thread last night at about 11 p.m.--was reading a CCL Legend review and there was a link posted--stayed up til 2 a.m. reading and then finished it up this evening. My dh in the other rooms keeps hollering--what in the world is wrong with you--he finally came in to see about me--as I am laughing hysterically.

What a fun read--

Okay, it was a hoot at the time

Last March on the Holiday--there was a good looking young man in the belly flop contest--most of the big guys had done their best and it was his turn--he stands up and has on these huge baggy swim shorts and then he suddenly bends over and strips them off and underneath he has on a bright red teeny tiny thong :eek: :D :D He and belly flops right into the pool--of course the cheers were huge and he won the contest.

Yup I was standing up and cheering and hollering too.

We were aboard the "last cruise" of the original "Love Boat" (Pacific Princess) from NY to Rome 2 years ago. There was a couple aboard who each carried a Teddy Bear with them, everywhere, all day long. Whenever they sat down to eat or drink, the bears sat on the table and "shared" with them. Whenever they won at Trivia (which seemed like every day) the bears collected the prizes. I think the bears even had different outfits, including tux and formal for the formal nights. Everyone on board was familiar with the "bear people".

This is so funny! Bears, life jackets at dinner . . . I love this thread!!

Well, mine isn't funny as it is 'Wouldn't want to be them!' We were on the Grandeur of the Seas back in 1999, leaving one of our ports of call, San Juan (if my memory serves me correctly). It was dark, so it was kind of hard to see. We were looking down, towards the water, at the bow of the vessel. Out of nowhere, we see this little metal boat with people in it, practially up against the ship! We hear these screams, then the Grandeur responds with a blow of the horn. They managed to get out of the way, but it was close. They must have gotten confused, and rowed right into the path of the leaving cruise ships! Either that or they were drunk, but they soon became sober with that encounter!

We were at the "Dueling Pianos" show one night, an elderly couple were having quite a good time. They were dancing, drinking, singing along. One of the piano players asked the guy his name, he told them "Bob-Oh!" So, all evening, there were Bob-Oh jokes from the piano guys. Later, DH and I had taken a walk, we were sitting in the lobby and here comes a bunch of EMT's, pushing a gurney with, you guessed it, Bob-Oh, laying there with an oxygen mask. Bob-Oh gives us the thumbs-up with a big smile on his face, the woman with him was following, still with a drink in her hand.

Some people just know how to party.

Awesome!!! LOL!!! :cool:

Thanks for all the stories on this thread. It was slow at work this week and I passed the time reading this thread. It was so much fun. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. So far I don't have any stories to share, but thanks to eveyone for sharing theirs!;)

Thanks for all the stories on this thread. It was slow at work this week and I passed the time reading this thread. It was so much fun. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. So far I don't have any stories to share, but thanks to eveyone for sharing theirs!;)

I was holding up a wall while my wife shopped in one of the Infinity shops last October. A woman who was obviously not wearing a bra stood in front of a mirror near me to check out a shirt that she was trying on (the price tag was hanging from the coller). She left but was back in a few minutes wearing a different shirt.

When it occurred to me that there was no dressing room in the shop I started watching her more closely. Sure enough, she was stripping topless in the shop while trying half a dozen different shirts.

OMG This is tooo funny. I could actually visualize this poor lady. I almost peed myself reading this and then was crying from laughing so hard as I tried to read it to my DH.

That one made me LOL...great stories..I have been on 4 cruises and I am trying to think of any craziness we have encountered.

DrKoob- I feel sorry for you that this is such a hassle for you, but I too am subscribed and I know exactly how it works. It doesn't bother me one bit. Sometimes people who post a "bit" like this one appreciate knowing that other people appreciated the hilarity of the situation. If it's so much work for you, maybe it's best if you only subscribe to the threads that are of the utmost importance to you. I'm not sorry and I will continue to post small phrases to let others know I appreciate their input or help or (in this case) funnies.

Good luck to you in your quest.

Wow, smrtypants, what an utterly charming and eloquent way to tell someone to shut the hell up. I probably wouldn't have been as kind. Cruising with the Koob-ster must be a real drag.:mad: Keep up the great posts!

I am underage, however, on every RC cruise we've been on, there has been a "Quest" (for those over 18). I've seen the videos, and some things that are involved with the Quest are pretty...interesting. It's during one of the cruise nights, in the Evening Lounge, where people get together as teams, and follow the directions the host gives them. It gets inappropriate really fast, but it's all for fun.

Also, themed dinners on the ship...some people take that pretty seriously and go all out.

a few years ago after a cruise, my gf (now DW) and I decided to continue our vacation @ Universal Studios (we live in FL). During a visit to the Jurassic Park section of the theme park, we went on an attraction where a Dr. is administering a physical to a very realistically animated Triceratops and giving some speech to the crowd. As it slowly attempts to raise its foreleg for the Dr to examine it, my DW, the animal lover she is, turns to me and says loud enough for the crowd to hear, "Oh my god, poor thing! What's wrong with his foot!?!" and goes closer, very concerned!

I just looked at her and said, "It's a dinosaur."

She turns and looks at me like: :confused:

Me: "It's a DINOSAUR!!!"

a few years ago after a cruise, my gf (now DW) and I decided to continue our vacation @ Universal Studios (we live in FL). During a visit to the Jurassic Park section of the theme park, we went on an attraction where a Dr. is administering a physical to a very realistically animated Triceratops and giving some speech to the crowd. As it slowly attempts to raise its foreleg for the Dr to examine it, my DW, the animal lover she is, turns to me and says loud enough for the crowd to hear, "Oh my god, poor thing! What's wrong with his foot!?!" and goes closer, very concerned!

VERY funny!

and yet you married her anyway...

Great thread, and it has been going on since 2004!!

On one cruise, we had nicknames for 2 of the passengers. One was "Sleeping Joe". He was about 60 yrs old, had big, bushy gray hair, was not very attractive (sorry), and boarded alone wearing red shorts, a white shirt with big purple polka dots, and sandals with black knee-high socks. Every single time we saw him, he was sitting in a lounge or lobby in a chair - you guessed it - ASLEEP!! Oh well, he came to relax, and that's what he did.

The other passenger was "Sticky Fingers". On the evening when they brought out the jewelry that was on sale and displayed it on folding tables outside the shops, my Mom & I actually witnessed a lady slip a watch into her pocket very stealthily. Not once, but twice! In retrospect, we should've told, but didn't. Takes all kinds.

My most recent cruise was with my lovely DD for her Sweet 16. Ten Moms and ten girls--forgeog the out of control parties common in our area and take a trip together--great Mother-Daughter bonding experience--yeah RIGHt!!

So one night DD does not come in by the appointed time. Mom (me) wakes from a sound sleep to notice her not in her bed. Me, clad in my plaid pj bottoms and a tank top, begins a ship wide trek to find her.

Wish I had a camera for the look on her face when I found her on Lido Deck having hot chocolate with a young man!!

Better yet, I head back to the elevators and when the door opens--there are two young men fast asleep on the floor--one has his sheets and pillow as well!

Each time we push the botton for the elevator, this one opens up again and there they are. An older, portly gentlman with a dish of ice cream in each hand presses the button a few times for the elevaor and gets fed up waiting for one without sleeping teenage boys, so he steps in and presses the button for his floor!!

HILARIOUS!!!!:eek:

Two words... "Hickey Fight". Now I can't say I was a passer-by during this incident, I was definitely involved :D . But i have to say, 20 or so people on the aft deck of the Legend in May 06 going to any lengths to cover eachother in hickeys.. was pretty much the wildest thing I've ever seen :)

I too want to say thanks for all the stories on this thread. I am down now to 10 days before our cruise and it was slow at work this week and I passed a lot of time over the past 3 days reading this thread. It was so much fun. Sorry, no stories to share, but I will try to find some soon... thanks to eveyone for sharing yours...