what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

On our first cruise (and second honeymoon) we met a really nice couple. They were experienced cruisers and gave us some tips. We saw them all around the ship. One day in port, one of them comes up to me and says "was it smaller than you expected"? I said "EXCUSE ME?"

He replied "The shower, was it smaller than you expected?"

I guess I need to get my mind out of the gutter.:o

On our first cruise (and second honeymoon) we met a really nice couple. They were experienced cruisers and gave us some tips. We saw them all around the ship. One day in port, one of them comes up to me and says "was it smaller than you expected"? I said "EXCUSE ME?"

He replied "The shower, was it smaller than you expected?"

I guess I need to get my mind out of the gutter.:o

Joyce, you are funny. Good to see you here too. I have enjoyed your pictures on the other thread. You always seem to have fun on your cruises. I would love to cruise on a ship with all the passengers being "just like you".

Linda

Awww, thanks Linda!

While on this recent cruise I got an eye full. I love to sit or stand on the balcony and take pictures or just stare at the ocean. I love the water! Now on the CB Aloha and Baja have covered balconies. The balconies below are bigger but only half covered. Anyway I was out there day dreaming and glanced down. To my surprise there was a man and woman sitting in the sun and she was topless. Her husband saw me at the same time I saw them and told his wife. She jumped up and gave me a dirty look, muttered something, and then hid under the covered half.

For a few seconds, I was embarassed that I had intruded on them. But then I realized Hey--I'm not doing anything wrong by standing on my own balcony!:eek: You know I thought it was odd that I was always seeing a crew member with binoculars pointed in our direction. They must have been on the look out for pirates. ;)

I'd heard something like this happened to a cruise director we once had. I think his name was Dave Graham, on the Celebrity Century in early '97. The accident happened not on our cruise but later on. I don't suppose the one you were talking about was the CD was it?

No I know it was a passenger. I however am not sure which cruise we were on. I was thinking it was one of the Carnival cruises, but they sort of run together after a while. I know that he went by Nassau to drop him off and then to the private Island

• 3 weeks later...

On a RCCL cruise about 2 years ago, the newly married couple on the Love and Marriage game show admitted something everyone remembered for the rest of the cruise. (Unfortunately I didn't see this live because I'm young but I saw it on TV). The question the CD asked was "Where's the strangest place you've ever made whoopy". :rolleyes: The woman starts laughing and getting embaressed and whispers to the CD (but I believe the mic caught it or she then said it out loud) but her answer was an elevator...ON THE CRUISE! :eek: Hahaha. It was hilarious.

There have been many. For example, the couple who was, ahem, making whoopee in the hot tub on Rhapsody of the Seas at about midnight on a cruise out of Galveston.

Also, the woman who had to have been 70 but who knew a good surgeonicon12.gifwearing a VERY skimpy bikini on the pool deck every day on a 7 night cruise...she was a head turner, but not in the usual way....huge firm boobs to go along with a WHOLE LOT of wrinkles and veins everywhere else.

Last year on Voyager watching two teen aged girls walking through the Solarium and seeing the anatomically correct statues. The look on their faces was priceless....innocence meets naughtiness.

Watching folks stumble up the pier in Cozumel after spending the day at Carlos and Charlies or Senor Frogs. (Can't laugh too much as darling bride and I were guilty of that - but only once! icon10.gif

Dined with a guy for a week once who ordered 6, yes SIX, lobster tails on formal night. Exactly one year later we take our annual anniversary cruise and on the day after lobster was served we ran into the same couple. We were surprised to see them and said hello and the first thing he says to me is "I had 7 (SEVEN!) lobster tails last night!". I guess he was proud.

All in all, I guess in our 12 cruises we've seen something strange every trip, but that is one of the things that makes it such a great vacation!

On a RCCL cruise about 2 years ago, the newly married couple on the Love and Marriage game show admitted something everyone remembered for the rest of the cruise. (Unfortunately I didn't see this live because I'm young but I saw it on TV). The question the CD asked was "Where's the strangest place you've ever made whoopy". :rolleyes: The woman starts laughing and getting embaressed and whispers to the CD (but I believe the mic caught it or she then said it out loud) but her answer was an elevator...ON THE CRUISE! :eek: Hahaha. It was hilarious.

On the cruise we were on 3 years ago, the eldest couple in that game admitted to whoopy on the 16th hole upstairs! ROFL

On the NCL Dreamward maybe 10 yrs ago or so had really crappy weather leaving cancun. Took the tender back to ship and weather was deteriorating rapidly. We sailed and the seas were well over 20-30 ft . It was tough to even walk on the ship. People puking all over the place. Everybody was miserable. I started to feel ill so we went to our cabin. Five minutes later ships alarm starts going off....people running down the hall screaming "grab youre life vests the ships sinking" ofcourse the ship wasnt sinking but the conditions combined with the alarm made some people nuts. Capt comes on PA in a couple of minutes to anounce the false alarm. Mind you this was my wifes first cruise so it wasnt easy convincing her to cruise again. Same cruise...as we started sailing out of Grand Cayman maybe 30 min out I noted the ship was making a slow u turn back towards the island. Find out later there was someone who suffered a heart attack and we were going back to drop them off. Ten years later we just got back from a 4 day cruise on the NCL Sky and had nothing but calm seas and a great time. We are looking forward to our next cruise.;)

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't really qualify as wild and/or crazy but I did think it was funny...

I was recently on the Dawn Princess sailing the Inside Passage of Alaska and at one evening's main show in the Princess theater, right before the show started, a man came on the PA to announce the evening's entertainment. This announcement was made in English -- nothing unusual there. Immediately following this announcement, we heard it being repeated in French. In all the other shows I'd been to, I'd not heard a multi-lingual introduction before, but I thought that since there is an international audience onboard, it only made since. After the French announcement, we heard Spanish, and possibly another language or two. By this time, the audience was getting a little restless and eager for the show to start. But, no, there was one more language we had to sit through. As we all recognized this final announcement, the audience erupted in laughter....it was in igpey atinlay! ;)

I may be going on my next cruise wearing a wig as I may already be losing my hair due to cancer but I would hope I hold on to it in a heavy wind if not I d laugh too

On A HAL cruise. (I didn't see it, my sister did) A man and a woman got into an arguement and he decked her. Yep right there at the pool. He punched her dead in the face. She fell back and over a lounge chair. Several passengers ran to her aide. When the woman got up my sister said she thought she broke her arm. Not to mention a big black eye. Anyway the next day (a sea day) there was luggage packed up and sitting outside the door of one of the cabins on our deck. We thought HAL maybe had put him in the brig.

My sister said it took about ten minutes for security to come. She and several other passengers called several times. They were afraid the man would get away. My sister had to fill out a paper telling what she saw, but she never heard anything after that and we never saw the man or woman again!

Guest nancndon

Silver Val -

Sorry to hear about the cancer - my friend Deb - passed last August at age 50 - I am still reeling from that.

My other friend - Phyllis - has beat hers and she is doing great now.

Take care and I hope that you are well and cancer free as soon as possible.

nancy

Guest nancndon

On our Western Carribean Celebrity Century Cruise - the audience was choosing which couple would be the couples for the Newlywed Game and they were having the couples do something outrageous for the audience to get applause to see who would be chosen by the amount of applause.

Well - a young couple down toward the front decided it would be a good idea when it came to be their turn to get attention to have the wife jump into the hubby's arms as they screamed for the audience to pick them.

ONLY GLITCH WAS - Wife forgot that she was wearing a sun dress with no panties and when hubby picked her up - the whole and I mean the WHOLE AUDIENCE seen it all - Every last nook and cranny - and the place just roared with laughter - it was CRAZY!!!!

we barely got through the newlywed game and those poor kids - the wife was redder than anything from embarrassement and no one the rest of the cruise could keep a straight face around them.

Funny - but yes they did get up on stage and even won the game -

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on a cruise - and so not meant to happen.....

On my first cruise on RC's Sovereign of the Seas, my mom and I had no sooner gotten on board and went up to the Lido deck to have a drink when we saw a whole bunch of men dressed as women....and they were with their wives!!!! Not just that, but most of them were BADLY dressed as women - this was the whole five days.

I'm all about "live and let live" philosophy -- but it was just hilarious. Their wives seemed nonplussed about it and we enjoyed watching them dance with their wives as the 50's sock hop still dressed as women - hey, they were having a blast!!!! Nothing wrong with that!:o

On my first cruise on RC's Sovereign of the Seas, my mom and I had no sooner gotten on board and went up to the Lido deck to have a drink when we saw a whole bunch of men dressed as women....and they were with their wives!!!! Not just that, but most of them were BADLY dressed as women - this was the whole five days.

I'm all about "live and let live" philosophy -- but it was just hilarious. Their wives seemed nonplussed about it and we enjoyed watching them dance with their wives as the 50's sock hop still dressed as women - hey, they were having a blast!!!! Nothing wrong with that!:o

Sounds like someone lost a bet. Much like i did, but not for a week. Got a cruise on Carnival Conquest Sept 21-28 and one night when we go clubbing, i have to wear a dress. I'll be the skinny mini in the corner drinking til i cant see!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like someone lost a bet. Much like i did, but not for a week. Got a cruise on Carnival Conquest Sept 21-28 and one night when we go clubbing, i have to wear a dress. I'll be the skinny mini in the corner drinking til i cant see!!! :D

........ And I will be there to see ya Nightsky!!!

Hey maybe i can post about it on this thread. ;) ;) ;)

When we were sailing the Mexican Riviera, we went to a town that had a cathedral. Just as we had entered the cathedral, I heard a tearing sound, and looked over at some guy who had bent over, and his pants had totally ripped open. I had to stifle my laughter in the quietness of the church, especially since there was a wedding going on! LOL!

IMG_0175.jpg

........ And I will be there to see ya Nightsky!!!

Hey maybe i can post about it on this thread. ;) ;) ;)

Sad part is, i'll be posting my own picture of the craziest thing. Another picture that i will be adding is me in a speeedo (yep, another lost bet). Also me in a mullet wig. I make for my own crazy moments. It takes all kinds right??? :D

Sad part is, i'll be posting my own picture of the craziest thing. Another picture that i will be adding is me in a speeedo (yep, another lost bet). Also me in a mullet wig. I make for my own crazy moments. It takes all kinds right??? :D

You are a funny guy! Do you ever win bets? Assuming occasionally you might, what have you made the loser do/wear?:p

We are twins, separated at birth, obviously...;)

We were on the Regent Navigator last year and every morning a lady would come in the buffet in her PJS. no bathrobe, hair uncombed...and have a bowl of cereal. She was always alone and guess she didn't care what other people thought of her.

Same cruise, it was formal night and in the show lounge there was a man dressed in shorts and a tee shirt. At the beginning of the show the CD asked the man to stand up and wave to the audience. He said something about he guessed the man had not heard it was formal night. :rolleyes: The guy sat down very embarrassed.