refillable beer mug?

krazy4cruising

I was reading in one of my cruise guide books (2006) that there is a reflillable beer mug that can be purchased on the ship and the refils are alot more economical than purchasing individual bottles/cans. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know how much this mug costs to purchase and how much the refills are?

Cheers!

K.

There is a refillable beer mug. I purchased one when we went on 3 day Wonder, but not on the 7 day Magic we just did.

I think it was around $17 on the 3 day Wonder and I think the deal was either $1.00 off or the large for the price of a small. Don't take this for gospel as it was over 1.5 years ago.

I didn't get it on the last trip because it gets to be kind of a pain to carry around a glass mug everywhere.

They do sell buckets of beer where you pay for 5 get 6. They also have a deal where you can buy a case of beer and you get a certain number free. With this deal, though, they deliver it to your room all at once but you can put it in the cooler/fridge.

The mug along with your first beer will cost you $12.95. It is a 20 ounce mug, beers are regularly served in a pint glass. If you refill the mug they charge you the pint sized price and you get 20 ounces 4 more than the pint. So it pays for itself in about 6 beers and you get a nice mug. Only problem is you have to lug a heavy mug with you.

• 2 years later...
The mug along with your first beer will cost you $12.95. It is a 20 ounce mug, beers are regularly served in a pint glass. If you refill the mug they charge you the pint sized price and you get 20 ounces 4 more than the pint. So it pays for itself in about 6 beers and you get a nice mug. Only problem is you have to lug a heavy mug with you.

OMG! LOL! This is real?!? When I first read this I thought it was a prank or that it was a thread that should have posted on the Carnival board.

So if I have this thought out correctly, you purchase a beer mug, carry it around, and refill and drink from the same mug for the duration of the cruise?

I'm still LOL.

This is copied from DCL's website. DH got one on our last cruise this past November and refills were typically $6.45, that includes the tax and 15% gratuity. It worked out great for him and saved us some money as he certainly enjoys his beer while on vacation :p We did inquire about the token however and no one seemed to know what we were talking about lol.

Beer Mug Package

Item BEV BEER MUG PK, $14.95

Carry this Disney Cruise Line-branded beer mug to any onboard bar and get a 22 oz. refill of beer for the price of a 16 oz. size! If you find the mug too heavy to carry while onboard, then take advantage of the beer mug token.

Download Order Form

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/gifts-and-amenities/

Not sure if it is the same one or not but we did this on our Disney cruise in 2000. It was a plastic mug - not glass - so it was not really heavy. We actually still have it. We are going on a Disney cruise in July of next year. Can we bring back our beer mug and get it refilled - or is this along the same lines as the refillable mug at a Disney resort?

Linda

Archived