HAL zuiderdam inside passage june 20

NoWhiners

All

tried posting in roll call area but only 1 person replied. I can't believe there are only 2 CCers going on this cruise. If you are going, visit Zuiderdam roll calls (under HAL Roll Calls area) and post some info!!

let's get this party rolling!!

Mary Lynn

I believe the ship still has availability but won't be too empty. This is out 3rd HAL cruise, 2nd to AK. Looking forward to meeting new people ans was hoping there would be a few CCer's so we could disucss topics in person. No big deal either way. We are pretty pre-occupied because we are getting married in Juneau (onboard ship while in port)!

Just about 2 months off....

ML

There were only 3 of us that posted regularly on our Veendam roll call last year. Guess how many showed up at the Meet & Greet? Three! I get the impression that HAL folks aren't too interested in posting on roll call boards.

All

tried posting in roll call area but only 1 person replied. I can't believe there are only 2 CCers going on this cruise. If you are going, visit Zuiderdam roll calls (under HAL Roll Calls area) and post some info!!

let's get this party rolling!!

Mary Lynn

You could try posting on the Alaska Board also. Many cruisers to Alaska seem to be first-time cruisers. They would not be familiar with the roll call. It is worth a shot anyway to do an informative post about Roll Calls, with your ship and date being the title. Not sure how the administrators would like it, but I know many are not aware of the roll call feature.

thanks Brownie! Getting fiancee tux on board to make that part easier. We are both looking forward to seeing him in one--he has never worn one before:D

Wish it was as easy for me!!

ML

Getting the tux on board is a great idea! I did that for my son (20) last year. Worked out very well - it was his first time wearing one too! :)

One suggestion though - shortly after you board, he should try it on. If there are any adjustments/alterations that need to be done you can have it taken care of right away.

Karen

Make sure you give them a definate coat/suit size and print out the information you give them. Last 2 times we ahve gotten a tux onboard for DH there has been a problem -- 1 time too small shirts and this past time, they increased the coat size 4 sizes and made it a long. He ended up wearing his dress pants and dress shirts w/tie for the 3 formal nights on our 10 day cruise. Next time -- we are not going to bother renting a tux

Getting the tux on board is a great idea! I did that for my son (20) last year. Worked out very well - it was his first time wearing one too! :)

One suggestion though - shortly after you board, he should try it on. If there are any adjustments/alterations that need to be done you can have it taken care of right away.

Karen

Make sure you give them a definate coat/suit size and print out the information you give them. Last 2 times we ahve gotten a tux onboard for DH there has been a problem -- 1 time too small shirts and this past time, they increased the coat size 4 sizes and made it a long. He ended up wearing his dress pants and dress shirts w/tie for the 3 formal nights on our 10 day cruise. Next time -- we are not going to bother renting a tux

Mary Lynn,

My son went to a tux shop and they measured him. (He was going to have his GF do it, but I said no. It really should be professionally done.) Most tux places will do it as a courtesy. It cuts down on the chance that alterations will be needed. Not always, though!:(

Karen

DH was measured in a formal rental shop, but still had problems with both the jacket and pants. They bore no resemblance to the size ordered - the jacket was so big it looked as if he was wearing the coat hanger too, and the pants were short.

Luckily someone on the boards had mentioned trying it on immediately, and after two tries he was ready for the first formal night, thanks to our wonderful cabin steward who first took it for us, then had the tailor come to the cabin and sort it out. We wasted a lot of time in the cabin waiting for the tailor. On our last cruise he opted for a dark suit instead of going through that performance again.

Sheila

Thanks for all the tux tips! I was going to do the measurements because he won't go to a tux place and ask them to do it:rolleyes: Maybe we should reconsider? It seems as though shirt and jacket size are what he usually gets, seems like pants should be too. Anyone know if tux sizes are different than dress suits? Is it mostly to get the cummerbund to fit?

We were definitely going to have him try it on right away and get it fixed as there is limited availability of sizes. Anyone know if tux rentals are used less on an AK cruise than other cruises?

Thanks again for the help--I was thinking this would be a one less thing to worry about, now I'm not so sure!!

ML

Thanks for all the tux tips! I was going to do the measurements because he won't go to a tux place and ask them to do it:rolleyes: Maybe we should reconsider? It seems as though shirt and jacket size are what he usually gets, seems like pants should be too. Anyone know if tux sizes are different than dress suits? Is it mostly to get the cummerbund to fit?

We were definitely going to have him try it on right away and get it fixed as there is limited availability of sizes. Anyone know if tux rentals are used less on an AK cruise than other cruises?

Thanks again for the help--I was thinking this would be a one less thing to worry about, now I'm not so sure!!

ML

Hi Mary Lynn,

I would definitely recommend go to tux place and have measurements taken. The rental places are used to doing this as a courtesy. For example, if a wedding party member is coming in from out of town they can get pre-measured at their own local tux shop and then give the measurements to tux shop where wedding is taking place. This way it can be ordered and ready.

My son(20) in TX was hesitant and felt funny going to the shop, but I talked him into it and he said it was fine. They did it without a problem.

Most important thing is to make sure he tries it on right away. Alterations can be done, and there is a limited stock of shirts, etc. onboard if something doesn't fit right (collar to large/small). My son was given 2 shirts. One of them had a stain on it and we were able to exchange it.

Karen

Hi Mary Lynn,

:DHi Karen,:D

Was cruising HAL boards and found a familiar name. How's the NJ girl doing. We were looking for you on the last sea day to say good bye but never did run in to you. How's Jen, is she away now?

We are all booked including flights for next February and really looking forward to it. How about you guys?

Wendy says Hi

Take Care

Jim

:DHi Karen,:D

Was cruising HAL boards and found a familiar name. How's the NJ girl doing. We were looking for you on the last sea day to say good bye but never did run in to you. How's Jen, is she away now?

We are all booked including flights for next February and really looking forward to it. How about you guys?

Wendy says Hi

Take Care

Jim

Wendy & Jim!

Hi! Nice to "hear" from you! Sorry I missed seeing you guys that last day, too. Jen's great very anxious to finish the last 2 mos of her senior year!

We're looking for a "graduation cruise" now...I think we've created a monster:p

Decided to do the PC on the Rotterdam over the Christmas holidays this year (with the boys ;)). Very excited about that.

What are you guys doing Feb.? PC?

Miracle's right across the bridge in NYC these days...very tempting:D:D

Hope we get to sail together again someday!

Take care,

Karen

ps Sorry for the hijack, Mary Lynn!

Karen

Wow--thanks for the tips!! He was going to try the tux on but never even thought shirt might be stained:eek:

I think we will have him get measured in town, then order tux from HAL but check it as soon as we get into cabin. I am starting to get stressed over this and I just can't do it now!! between work, planning wedding, keeping it a secret from family and friends, every day some new folks decide they will cruise after all (which changes wedding dinner plan!!) and making sure it all comes together, I am ready for a cruise!!

OK, I feel much better now!! No problem "hijacking"--it's always nice to find old friends!

ML

Karen

Wow--thanks for the tips!! He was going to try the tux on but never even thought shirt might be stained:eek:

I think we will have him get measured in town, then order tux from HAL but check it as soon as we get into cabin. I am starting to get stressed over this and I just can't do it now!! between work, planning wedding, keeping it a secret from family and friends, every day some new folks decide they will cruise after all (which changes wedding dinner plan!!) and making sure it all comes together, I am ready for a cruise!!

OK, I feel much better now!! No problem "hijacking"--it's always nice to find old friends!

ML

ML,

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now!!:eek:

Don't sweat the tux though...normally, not an issue.

Wedding on the ship sounds so exciting! Good luck with the rest of your plans!:)

Karen

Karen

Heard from wedding coordinator today and she said to send her the measurements and she will arrange for tux and be sure they get it right!! Yes, all of a sudden there is a lot to do, and of course work is getting bad right now. How does it know:)?!

Two months from yesterday we board and 2 months from tomorrow we get married--trying to focus on that!

Plus, Doug's cousins want to go to panama canal either 2010 or 2011, so we need to talk to future cruise consultant when in AK and work this! And I rode my bike to work for the first time this year today(finally got warm enough), 10 miles each way, and I'm really tired now, so that isn't helping with any planning tonight.

And Doug just got home form work, 2 hours late...

I'm starting to rant, enough for tonight.;)

thanks again for all your help,

ML

Wendy & Jim!

Decided to do the PC on the Rotterdam over the Christmas holidays this year (with the boys ;)). Very excited about that.

What are you guys doing Feb.? PC?

Besides the PC at Xmas I imagine you are on this one also. Is this the grad cruise?:confused:

:) As for us we did PC two years ago and went to Aruba which we fell in love with. February is 10 days down eastern side going to all three of the ABC's It was the itinerary that sold us as wanted to go back to Aruba and see Curacao and Bonaire. Get turks & Caicos as bonus along with a couple of other stops. We are both really looking forward to it. :D

Archived