Top 5 must brings!

pacheco18

1. blender (don't laugh we make the best drinks)*

2. alcohol (for said blender)

3. Huge insulated mug (to carry said drink, made from blender and alcohol)

4. My personal snorkel equipment

5. camera

*in our cabin we have to have more than one blender because on last carnival cruise they confiscated one,:eek: I guess that the blades might be dangerous. Has this happened to anyone else?

1. Won't laugh. I took a blender on our Disney cruise.

2. Took alcohol for the blender. Yummy drinks.

3. We also took mugs.

4. Own snorkel equipment all the time.

5. Always take our camera.

Where do you plug in your night light? In the power strip? We bring small flashlights to see in the dark. :)

I broght a night light for the bathroom but the outlet didn't accept the prong so never used it. This time I'm bringing some flameless candles hopefully they will be allowed and I won't be sent to the naughty room. We always pack two small flashlights and never had a problem.

Looked at the iPad - but the Kindle is so-o-o-o much easier to read on. Can't give it up!!
I have both an iPad and and Kindle, and you're right: The Kindle screen is much easier to read (not to mention the difference in the weight, which does matter if you're holding it for several hours at a time). I like the iPad for surfing the net and I like being able to have movies on it, but it's really second-rate as an e-reader. Or for typing more than a quick email.

Don't get me wrong: I like my iPad. Now that I have both, I will bring both on a cruise. But the iPad doesn't replace the Kindle, and if I had to choose . . . I LOVE my Kindle.

I have both an iPad and and Kindle, and you're right: The Kindle screen is much easier to read (not to mention the difference in the weight, which does matter if you're holding it for several hours at a time). I like the iPad for surfing the net and I like being able to have movies on it, but it's really second-rate as an e-reader. Or for typing more than a quick email.

Don't get me wrong: I like my iPad. Now that I have both, I will bring both on a cruise. But the iPad doesn't replace the Kindle, and if I had to choose . . . I LOVE my Kindle.

I am starting to have iPad envy. :D I have a netbook, so I don't really need it, but have that itch. I MUST wait until I've got a few years on the netbook - I'm looking forward to some of those apps. Maybe by that time the price will be down some. :)

1. Plenty of money (small bills)

2. Bounce sheets (refreshes clothes and gets rid of static cling)

3. A couple of kitchen size garbage bags (good for dirty clothes and wrapping things in at the end of the cruise, i.e., sandals and flip flips that seem to have sand imbedded in them)

4. Pump hand soap for the bathroom sink (no bar soap - too messy)

5. Bottle opener (for those buckets of beer, ya know!)

We bring the other ususal stuff - camera, cell phone charger. We don't bring clothespins, flashlights, computers, blenders, alcohol, etc. We travel VERY light.

We're booked on a two week cruise with two nights pre-cruise and we're only taking one carry-on each. The evening we arrive in FLL we're checking into our hotel and then walking down the street to the local Walgreens to purchase our toiletries (can't fly with all those liquids). We love traveling this way - so easy and breezy.

We've had our luggage lost one too many times by the airlines and traveling lighter is so much easier and less hassle.

I think you have summed that up pretty well. I have an Ipad and my wife has the Kindle. For books, I will probably just carry the paperback.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived