I really want to go the The Soggy Dollar. Not sure how to get there.

shashi883

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We will be in Tortola in November and we really want to go to The Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke. Does anyone know what is the best way to get there (ferry, private boat, etc...) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, someone, please help out here! I am interested in this myself!

The easiest way to get to the Soggy other then renting or chartering a boat.

Take a taxi from the Road Town Pier to the West End ferry dock and catch the ferry to Great Harbour, Jost Van Dyke. From there, take a taxi or walk over the hill to White Bay and the Soggy Dollar. I personally would not do the walk but many have. I'd rather spend the time saved, by taking a taxi, at the bar.

Here is a link to the ferry schedule.

http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm

Thanks so much....I was just about to post this VERY SAME QUESTION.

We saw the Soggy Dollar on TV and when I saw that we were headed to Tortola in December...I said "we must do this"!!!

We will probably rent a catamaran.....

Is it worth it to go to Jost Van Dyke and White Bay while your in Tortola? Is the snorkeling good at this beach? It looks beautiful, and the hubby and I would love to snorkel, visit the Soggy Dollar and Ivan's. We will also have our two boys with us ages 11 and 15. Any info on the atmosphere, and things to do on White Bay Beach would be appreciated. Or should we stay put on Tortola and go to Brewers? We will be visiting in mid August. Does the ferry still run its full schedule? Thanks for the help.How far is the West End where the ferry leaves to the cruise port? Thanks.

Is it worth it to go to Jost Van Dyke and White Bay while your in Tortola? Is the snorkeling good at this beach? It looks beautiful, and the hubby and I would love to snorkel, visit the Soggy Dollar and Ivan's. We will also have our two boys with us ages 11 and 15. Any info on the atmosphere, and things to do on White Bay Beach would be appreciated. Or should we stay put on Tortola and go to Brewers? We will be visiting in mid August. Does the ferry still run its full schedule? Thanks for the help.How far is the West End where the ferry leaves to the cruise port? Thanks.

We are on the same cruise! Chose this itinerary because of Tortola and the opportunity to go to Jost Van Dyke. Checking into Kuralu and a couple of other charters. I will let you know what I find...

I posted information on the Kiralu tour in our roll call...

My husband and I decided to book with Kuralu on Nov 3rd. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in joining us?

If there are other ships (from any cruise line) that will be in port with you on that day....post this on THEIR Roll Call to see if anyone wants to join you.

It would be nice if there were some smaller boats that did 3 hours tours to Soggy Dollar Bar and back.

Some of us can't do the all day (lunch included) route. I will say that $110 for that Catamaran tour is a good price. Friends just did this in St Thomas and it was $150 a person.

I just need Gillian and the Skipper and their "3 hour tour".. LOL

• 1 month later...
My husband and I decided to book with Kuralu on Nov 3rd. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in joining us?

Hi - we just booked the Caribbean Princess - might be interested in joining you on the trip to JVD.

Still looking at our options but wanted to go to JVD if possible.

i can be reached at marksails at hotmail dot com (just turn that back into an email address)

Thanks

We're just beginning to explore our shore excursions and would like to learn more about the group sail with Kuralu. There are three of us...we're departing on November 1st on the Caribbean Princess.

We had a group of ten and paid $1000 for the day. There was plenty of room, very good lunch. Two stops - one for snorkeling and one for White Bay, The sailing was very enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to take the cab from the cruise ship to the ferry port, and then how long is the ferry to Jost? We are looking at the NCL Pearl - it is docked from 7-3 - I found a ferry schedule with the first one being at 8, can we make it?

Also, do you know the price for a taxi from the ship to the ferry port?

Thank you!

How long does it take to take the cab from the cruise ship to the ferry port, and then how long is the ferry to Jost? We are looking at the NCL Pearl - it is docked from 7-3 - I found a ferry schedule with the first one being at 8, can we make it?

Also, do you know the price for a taxi from the ship to the ferry port?

Thank you!

It takes about a half hour to get to the West End from the cruise dock. I think we paid about $8 per person for the cab - I don't remember exactly but it was a fair price.

I don'y know how timely the ferries run but you should be able to get to the dock before 8 if you get off at 7.

Please keep in mind that this is first and foremost a BAR!!!! and that the patrons can sometimes get out of hand just as they might at home in a bar. That being said, the hamburgers are great and the painkillers are, excuse the pun, to die for. Be careful they can sneak up on you. I wouldn't say that the snorkeling would be all that great because the beach is just a large sandy area without many rocks for fish, as I recall, but it's been a few years since I was there. Whatever you decide have fun just be careful. Joan

Archived