Constellation due a refit ?

lauralou2

We just finished our 4th (&5th) cruises on the Constellation on a b2b cruise a couple weeks ago. We also sailed the Connie last September and 2 other times going back a few years.

I have no complaints about the condition of the ship and thought it looked great overall. We had a fantastic cruise.

It is clear that they do quite a bit of ongoing maintenance on these ships - in fact if I had any complaint it was due to noise of them doing renovations on the balconies below ours during the first part of our trip - but this was a pretty isolated case.

The ship is 6 or 7 years old and if you walk around you'll find a spot here and there which is next in line for refurbishing or replacement. But there was nothing that detracted from my view that the Connie is a wonderful ship or that made our cruise any less enjoyable.

We finished a three week cruise on the Connie April 6th. I thought the ship was in fine shape. The ship is not in perfect condition (but then neither is my house!!), but overall it was great. Our cabin (an aft CC room) had wonderful room steward and his assistant both of whom worked really hard to keep it clean and comfortable. I really didn't see any signs of outstanding wear anywhere on the ship; the crew works constantly to keep the ship looking good; you see signs of updating and refurbishing on a regular basis. We had the opportunity to meet with the Assistant Head Housekeeper and the Chief Housekeeper as well as the Hotel Director during the cruise, and they are very conscientious about the appearance of the ship, as well as the cleanliness and comfort of the ship. If you are thinking of going on the Constellation, go! It is a wonderful ship with a crew and staff that make cruising on her a really special experience.

Is constellation due a refit thanks :)

Hi Lauralou !

I was on the same sailing as Lsimon & Cruiser Susie (Hi Larry & Susie !), and I thought Constellation in excellent condition. I looked in many areas for signs of wear and tear, and I was amazed how good the ship looked ! While my cabin could have used some new carpet, it was nothing to be concerned about.

Unless something changes, Constellation's next major drydock is scheduled for April 2010.

Is constellation due a refit thanks :)

If you are asking if it is scheduled for a drydock then nothing has been announced for this year. Also, there are usually many rumors from people on the ship supposedly in the know but past experience is that they are generally not accurate. Please remember that most shipboard maintenance and upgrades can be made while the ship is at sea. Most drydocks are to maintain certain mechanical systems and other maintenance that can't be done while at sea.

If you are asking if it is scheduled for a drydock then nothing has been announced.

Hi Don !

You are right about that. I wanted to clarify, and say the April 2010 date is not official. It's a hole in her schedule, which may be a drydock, and that can change.

Archived