When to join the boarding queue?

manhar

Whats the best way of avoiding the long queues for boarding? I read somewhere that you should arrive at the terminal 2-3 hours before the time you are asked to! I was wondering if it would be better if you turned up at the last minute after most people have boarded? Is there any disadvantage to that?

Whats the best way of avoiding the long queues for boarding? I read somewhere that you should arrive at the terminal 2-3 hours before the time you are asked to! I was wondering if it would be better if you turned up at the last minute after most people have boarded? Is there any disadvantage to that?

Don't show up at 11 am trying to be the first one on board like everyone else does!

We showed up as soon as they let us in last year and we were in the 2nd row of chairs waiting to board. Wait wasn't long at all and we got on and were all settled in while others were standing in an over crowded room waiting for their turn.

Some will say get there real early and get a low zone number (if Carnival is using zone boarding at your port), then you will be one of the first to board.

Others will say arrive just before the hour and a half Homeland Security cut off and you will walk right on the ship.

As for me, I prefer to board early and do not get upset at a few people in line. After all, you will be in lines for the whole next week.

Start getting used to it !! :cool:

As for me, I prefer to board early and do not get upset at a few people in line. After all, you will be in lines for the whole next week.

Start getting used to it !! :cool:

Ain't that the truth, it was much shorter than the buffet line ever was LOL

There is a huge misconception about the lines. People arrive early and have to wait for boarding to start. This results in a backup early in the process. Once boarding starts and the backup is loaded on the ship the process moves in a constant flow. You may have a wait but it will be a pretty steady process. Keep in mind no matter when you get there, the process takes time, because all of the IDs have to be checked, and credit cards scanned, etc.

Maybe carnival should have separate lines for those with passport and those without. It seems that checking in people with passports is quicker than handling those without.

There is a huge misconception about the lines. People arrive early and have to wait for boarding to start. This results in a backup early in the process. Once boarding starts and the backup is loaded on the ship the process moves in a constant flow. You may have a wait but it will be a pretty steady process. Keep in mind no matter when you get there, the process takes time, because all of the IDs have to be checked, and credit cards scanned, etc.

Maybe carnival should have separate lines for those with passport and those without. It seems that checking in people with passports is quicker than handling those without.

Uh Oh !! Look out with this passport vs Birth certificate thing.

You're gonna start a war. :cool:

Archived