Birthday Cabin Decorations

henrid

Anyone ever purchase the Stateroom Birthday decorations from Carnival ? One of the young ladies in our group will be celebrating her birthday on the day we set sail. Would like to have her cabin decorated when she first goes to cabin, but wasn't sure if worth the $35 Carnival charges to put up a banner and a couple of decorations. Any experinces/thoughts are appreciated. Many Thanks!

A friend did it for me a few years ago & it was great. :D Very nice surprise. Plus you can leave it up all week on the cruise.

Looks like you are new to CruiseCritic. Welcome. :) Lots of DFW cruisers in the area if you want to join us on the DFW thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44223&page=378

I loved my birthday decor when my DH ordered it for me last year. We brought it home and put it up this year for our nephew on his b-day in Feb. He loved it too! I also use my keychain everyday! Here are soem pics of the decor so you can decide if it's worth it!

2849775940104454228S500x500Q85.jpg

2051283960104454228S500x500Q85.jpg

2068875790104454228S500x500Q85.jpg

thanks. I am taking my daughter on a surprise cruise for her 18th birthday. I was considering taking the decorations my self, but these photos just helped me decide to let Carnival decorate for me. Her birhtday will be on day 3 of the cruise, a port day, so she will be out of the cabin early.

Thanks for all the replies! Anyone know when they decorate the cabin?? I assume if we set up and advise that her birthday is the day we set sail that the room will be decorated when she first has access...but you know what assuming can do to you!

Anyone ever purchase the Stateroom Birthday decorations from Carnival ? One of the young ladies in our group will be celebrating her birthday on the day we set sail. Would like to have her cabin decorated when she first goes to cabin, but wasn't sure if worth the $35 Carnival charges to put up a banner and a couple of decorations. Any experinces/thoughts are appreciated. Many Thanks!

I surprised my DW with anniversary decorations a few weeks ago. The look on her face made it well worth the price. IMHO

I arranged birthday decorations for dh last year and they did a great job. They had our cabin done during dinner, which I knew about, the room steward told me they'd be coming during the day and I asked if later was ok. I was antsy all through dinner, waiting to get back and see his face. They were well worth it, I would rather have the staff hang them, as opposed to dragging things along and doing it myself. We did bring them home and it filled up a big bag....a tote.

A couple across the hall had a different bunch of things decorating their cabin when they first arrived, an anniversary, I think.

Thanks for all the replies! Anyone know when they decorate the cabin?? I assume if we set up and advise that her birthday is the day we set sail that the room will be decorated when she first has access...but you know what assuming can do to you!

Yes, they will be waiting in the cabin when you board if you specify that when ordering.

I thought I had the wrong cabin when I opened the door. :eek::p

We did anniversary decorations - I had them done for DH but also sort of for myself to make the cruise feel more special. It was worth it. If I remember correctly, there were there when we first entered the cabin.

I don't mean to hijack but I don't want to start another thread on such a similar topic... But has anyone seen the Honeymoon decor?

Going to be married the day before we set sail... If the decorations are nice it might be worth it to surprise my wife.

You could always make your own and hang like my friend did for her brother's 30th. The steward left up the whole trip. She hung when we first got on. I think he was touring the ship or something.

P1010121.jpg.c8ada04a49dc2e2a12843905e7e0dfe7.jpg

I didn't realize they would do something like this. My son is turning 4 while we are on our cruise and he is upset that he is not having a birthday party. He was really looking forward to a party with his little friends from preschool. This would have been his first "real" birthday party instead of one that was mostly family and close friends. We still plan on having a party for him later, but I planned to do something for him while we were on the ship.

Aside from cabin decorations, is there anything else we could do? We will be in Grand Cayman the day of his actual birthday.

Thanks!

Oops....I think I hijacked...so sorry to OP. I got so excited about cabin decorations that I didn't think before I posted!

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about doing this for a friend's bday when we sail on the Valor Halloween week. Her bday is the next to last day of the cruise. Just a couple of questions....can this only be ordered on-line? Or can you do it once you get on the ship? Also, if I have to order it on-line, do I specify then when we would like them to put the decorations up? And she is in the cabin next to me....is there any problem ordering for a cabin that I am not assigned to?

Sorry so many questions....just want to be sure before we do this. She would love it though.

Misty

Archived