Any Price break for 1 person in room?

bearette1017

Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting in a room by yourself without paying double the room rate? Our DD wants to join DH and I, her DS and Hubby, DN and Hubby, and DN and 2 friends on our cruise in May. She cannot afford the double rate, and cannot find anyone to travel with her. Do you think prices could change closer to the sailing date if the ship is not sold out? Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting in a room by yourself without paying double the room rate? Our DD wants to join DH and I, her DS and Hubby, DN and Hubby, and DN and 2 friends on our cruise in May. She cannot afford the double rate, and cannot find anyone to travel with her. Do you think prices could change closer to the sailing date if the ship is not sold out? Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

I will be happy to bunk with her :D.

I do not know the price for one person but it really is pretty steep. She really should look high and low for someone to go with her. There has to be someone out there that wants to go on a cruise. Good luck.

Pricing for a 1A cabin is about 150% for a single...The rest of the cabins are 200%.

1As the standard is 150% of the price, have her look to see if any of this category left. Sometimes nearer the cruise date 1As can go down to as low as 120%, but you cant count on the reduction.

2 max can be booked into a 1A, they are supposed to be for solo's to give them a break, but some couples also book them.

cabin..I have been upgraded often, but never count on it. dates determin the cost factor first of all. I never go on a Holiday, 4 day wknd, or spring break, past mid-May, or not til after 2/3 Aug. I go thru the calender and book by the year. I watch prices..and when they go down, call my TA..get the reduction. I've cruzed for as little as $43 a day. Check to see if passenger quals for Interline rates, or has a DD214 person going also. Thatz abiut the skinny of how I book. The 150% rate is based on cabin price, without the ports and taxes..then that is added. good luck

The 150% rate is based on cabin price, without the ports and taxes..then that is added. good luck

The 150% is now figured with the port fees added in, so the solo pax is now paying for 50% of the 2nd pax's amount of the port fees. Only one person's taxes added.

The port fees are part of the cruise fare. They used to subtract out port fees when they figures out the 150%. They changed this sometime in summer of 2008.

The 150% is now figured with the port fees added in, so the solo pax is now paying for 50% of the 2nd pax's amount of the port fees. Only one person's taxes added.

The port fees are part of the cruise fare. They used to subtract out port fees when they figures out the 150%. They changed this sometime in summer of 2008.

you are the one that explained such a huge increase of porties last year!..Thanx..amt of $60, as neither of them would. EVEN my gal from CCL. But yet..if you/we miss a port..only $20 refund!..guess cuz only 1 person missed it???..it is, whuditiz

you are the one that explained such a huge increase of porties last year!..Thanx..amt of $60, as neither of them would. EVEN my gal from CCL. But yet..if you/we miss a port..only $20 refund!..guess cuz only 1 person missed it???..it is, whuditiz

I only knew because there was a thread on it here on CC plus we had a friend going with us booked as a solo who was booked the old way of figuring it and then had to book the new way. CCL Im not surprised they dont want to acknowledge they changed how they figure the solo cost and now charging solo's more.

Archived