Time Change

I received a letter in the mail from my travel agent that stated the 7/23/09 sailing of Explorer of the Sea has changed. Nothing major...mainly arrival and departure time. This will be my 3rd cruise on Royal Caribbean and I'm not sure what to expect. Will they change the times of the shore excursions? For example, we will be in San Juan overnight and depart at 11:00 A.M. (I think)....so will they arrange for the shore excursions around the arrival and departure times? I haven't booked anything yet, but I want to do the Barcardi Rum tour in San Juan. I hope this makes sense. I think I have vertigo and I'm not thinking as clearly as normal. ;)

Thanks!

I think the times have changed due to the mal-function of a prop. on the Explorer...

If you booked excursions through the ship, they will make the needed changes or refund your money.

If you booked through independant tour companies, I'd contact them, and see what they say!

I received a letter in the mail from my travel agent that stated the 7/23/09 sailing of Explorer of the Sea has changed. Nothing major...mainly arrival and departure time. This will be my 3rd cruise on Royal Caribbean and I'm not sure what to expect. Will they change the times of the shore excursions? For example, we will be in San Juan overnight and depart at 11:00 A.M. (I think)....so will they arrange for the shore excursions around the arrival and departure times? I haven't booked anything yet, but I want to do the Barcardi Rum tour in San Juan. I hope this makes sense. I think I have vertigo and I'm not thinking as clearly as normal. ;)

Thanks!

I received a call from RC. This is my 4th cruise on RC ... I was on the Explorer last summer. We ( DH and 2 teen boys) had a blast.

What a bummer? I already cancelled my excursions for PR. The outlets/stores do not open until 10am. I'm not comfortable walking around a deserted downtown port with everything closed. Arriving at 10pm...leaving at 11am... again what a bummer. I would opt to stay in Bermuda longer and enjoy the island longer than to dock in Puerto Rico for an overnight visit.:p

DREAMERP

I see that the cruise is sold out!!!

DREAMERP

This cruise is not sold out. If you deduced this from checking sometime yesterday RCCL was performing it's usual weekend maintenance and all cruises were showing no cabin availability. There were several posts on the board reporting this.

Check again today. I just did and nearly all cabin categories are showing available.

This cruise is not sold out. If you deduced this from checking sometime yesterday RCCL was performing it's usual weekend maintenance and all cruises were showing no cabin availability. There were several posts on the board reporting this.

Check again today. I just did and nearly all cabin categories are showing available.

Thanks. for the clarification ..... I must have signed on during maintenance. I was so surprise, because as we know that the NY area has been hit so hard.... I was so surprise to see that the Explorer was sold-out at those prices in this day and time.

Again Thanks

DREAMERP

Thanks. for the clarification ..... I must have signed on during maintenance. I was so surprise, because as we know that the NY area has been hit so hard.... I was so surprise to see that the Explorer was sold-out at those prices in this day and time.

Again Thanks

DREAMERP

You're welcome. Several people were expressing surprise at sold-out cruises yesterday.

I was checking some Voyager cruises in Feb 2011 and when it showed no availability I was pretty sure that wasn't possible since the itineraries were just released last week. ;)

I have never understood why they do website maintenance over the weekend. Seems that would be high-traffic time. :rolleyes: And there's never any indication that the maintenance is going on. Just weird anomalies indicating sold out cruises and such but it's something a little different every week.

Archived