Concierge Class - is it worth the extra price?

camtran

We are sailing on the Mercury to Alaska for our 35th anniversary next year. We are booked in a concierge class stateroom on the Sky Deck. The more I think about the concierge class, the more I wonder if it is worth the extra price.

If you have stayed in a CC stateroom did you think it was worth the extra price? Were there any perks that were not listed? Were you able to board early at the 1st embarkation port? Which deck is better sky or penthouse deck?

Thanks for all your help!

Brenda

If you are on the sky deck in one of the 4 CC cabins there, it is definitely worth the extra. The verandas are larger than the other CC cabins.

We were in 1241 on the Mercury, which is one of the 4 on Deck 12 (sky deck) for our cruise to Hawaii for 15 nights. We loved it.

The 4 cabins on the Sky Deck are 1200, 1201, 1240, and 1241. 1240 and 1241 are near the rear and we had tremendous views.

We wrote a daily blog during our cruise and there are pictures in it from the cabin, to the food, to the scenery, ports, excursions, and the ship itself. You might want to check it out. It is long but you will probably find information that would be relevant to you.

http://thegeomonkeys.com/category/hawaii-2009

We are sailing on the Mercury to Alaska for our 35th anniversary next year. We are booked in a concierge class stateroom on the Sky Deck. The more I think about the concierge class, the more I wonder if it is worth the extra price.

If you have stayed in a CC stateroom did you think it was worth the extra price? Were there any perks that were not listed? Were you able to board early at the 1st embarkation port? Which deck is better sky or penthouse deck?

Thanks for all your help!

Brenda

Since you're in one of the Sky Deck staterooms, keep it! After all, this is a special anniversary celebration cruise, so treat yourselves to whatever you can. That alone makes it worthwhile!

While some personal opinions will vary regarding the "worth" of the perks in a standard Concierge Class stateroom, they do offer some nice touches (i.e., better linens, fresh flowers, bath amenities, etc.). But in addition to the CC perks, you are getting a nice, large veranda -- the largest CC verandas available on Mercury.

As an anniversary cruise, having this marvelous veranda will make your stateroom feel exclusive and personal, and if the weather cooperates enable you to have a nice, private breakfast or other meal on your veranda.

Early boarding generally begins by about 11:30 a.m. (sometimes slightly earlier), so arrive at your embarkation point to accomodate that time slot, and go aboard prepared to enjoy a nice lunch and an afternoon getting settled.

Enjoy!! And, congratulations, in advance.... :D

CM

Perks, ie . canapes, flowers, etc. are not really worth it imho but on ships when the room size is increased it makes a big difference to us. On our Mercury sailing the room was identical in size to a regular cabin but On the Constellation and Millenium the extra 20 square feet made a big difference.

We also made us of the expanded breakfast menu daily. Try the Omega shake - sounds terrible but tasted great.

I will agree that the canapes are lousy. We had our steward bring us a cheese and cracker plate instead. The pillow menu was nice and the breakfast menu was impressive if you want to eat in your cabin or veranda in the morning. Priority tendering was nice. Tendering off the ship never took more than 10 minutes to be on a tender, even during busy times. We heard of others who waited in lines for up to 2 hours (although I think that is an extreme exaggeration)

The four CC cabins on the Sky Deck have a much larger veranda than the CC cabins on the rest of the ship.

Ours was 99 square feet, had a table large enough to dine on, two chairs, and two lounges. The view was excellent. The veranda was 1/2 covered and 1/2 open.

For us that was worth the difference in price since we spend a lot of time on the veranda. Again this was cabin 1241 and the price difference was $150pp when we booked.

You are also on the Sky Deck with all the Sky Suites. Celebrity uses their best room stewards for the suite passengers and since you are right next to them, you get a steward who also services the suites. In conversations with people in regular CC cabins, our service was at a much higher level.

If we weren't able to get one of the CC cabins on the Sky Deck, we wouldn't pay more than $100 extra for the CC cabin.

Thank you for your replies!

I have been busy reading Duck Duck's blog on their cruise to Hawaii. I really enjoyed reading about your cruise and seeing the pictures of the Mercury.

We are in cabin 1201. I believe we will just leave our reservation as is.

We will try the canapes once or twice and request cheese & crackers if they are as bad as you all say they are.

We will try the canapes once or twice and request cheese & crackers if they are as bad as you all say they are.

Actually, we are being nice. They are worse!

Enjoy your cruise and you will love 1201. Just a few steps outside your cabin and you are outside. Your view forward from your veranda is gorgeous. Enjoy coffee on your veranda in the morning. The Sky Deck is very quiet as most people are on deck 11 by the pool.

If Eugenio is back from vacation and has the same cabins, say Hi to him for us. He is an excellent steward.

Vince & Lin

I just sailed CC1 on the Solstice and it is worth every penny. Request and you shall receive! Each evening with our canapes we had requested that our cabin attendant also bring cheese and crackers along with shrimp cocktail for 2... wonderful. Sunrise breakfast on our huge aft verandah every morning. We simply wrote what we wanted each morning! Chocolate milk,eggs benedict,corned beef hash....you name it!

Our cabin attendant also brought us a bottle of champagne each evening!Fresh flowers in the cabin, roses in the bathroom!

Extra extra PLUSH TOWELS and ROBES. Eggcrate and topsheet on the mattress. Awesome new 32" interactive TV.

Priority embarkation took 5 minutes. Disembarkation was priority 1!

Concierge Class is well worth the extra $'s for those who really appreciate

Superior service!:)

Archived