How to tell if cabin price dropped, if no more of those cabins?

kanitter

I have cabin 8630, aft section penthouse, on Jewel Sept 8,2010 transatlantic. From reading cc so much I know I should keep an eye on the prices to see if they drop. All of the AE's are sold out, so do I just watch the next cabin grade up to see if their prices change and then call NCL to see if mine have changed. That seems like the logical way to me but I am new to cruising so there might be a better way. If this is incorrect hopefully one of you will correct me. (gently please);)

Thanks in advance

Sue

I have cabin 8630, aft section penthouse, on Jewel Sept 8,2010 transatlantic. From reading cc so much I know I should keep an eye on the prices to see if they drop. All of the AE's are sold out, so do I just watch the next cabin grade up to see if their prices change and then call NCL to see if mine have changed. That seems like the logical way to me but I am new to cruising so there might be a better way. If this is incorrect hopefully one of you will correct me. (gently please);)

Thanks in advance

Sue

They don't change the price of cabins in a category that is sold out. Think about it...if there's nothing to sell, there is no price to change.

njhorseman, now that I've sounded like a complete idiot.:o I guess what I meant to say is, if the price of the cabin catagory above mine drop in price, would that be a good time to see about an upgrade? Sometimes the brain and the fingers have no idea what each other is doing.:D

Sue

njhorseman, now that I've sounded like a complete idiot.:o I guess what I meant to say is, if the price of the cabin catagory above mine drop in price, would that be a good time to see about an upgrade? Sometimes the brain and the fingers have no idea what each other is doing.:D

Sue

It can't hurt to check for an upgrade if prices have dropped, but make sure that they won't be taking something away (like an on board credit) if you change categories. BTW if you booked through a TA, NCL generally won't speak to you directly.

Sue

Yes if you see a higher category drop in price and you are interested in it, then call and have them rebook you in the upgrade and pay the difference, this assumes you are not past final payment at the time. In that case unless the upgrade price is less than you actually paid they likely will not make the change, if it is then they should upgrade you for free.

As stated be sure you ask about any OBC you may have because you will likely lose it if you upgrade, if THEY call to upgrade you, you should be able to negotiate keeping your OBC if you in fact have any.

Archived