On the travel channel now

RVman

watching it right now and it makes me wonder....Does RC have a partnership with the Travel Channel?

This is great advertising!

I saw that too last night. I can't say I've ever seen the Travel Channel do one on Carnival but they do love RCL.

The Travel Channel did do one on the Inspiration with Samantha Brown a few years back right after the waterpark was added.

I really enjoyed the one last night on Mediterranean cruise which did show a lot on the ports. I thought is was kind of funny that both groups they focused on were in Royal Suites which most of us that cruise will never even see the inside of that cabin. They didn't show the "regular" guy cabins. I will say the ships by RCI are beautiful but I can't bring myself to leave CCL when I am Platinum and very spoiled!

I would love to see more shows on Carnival. I think RCL is really struggling to pay for their new ship and all I saw last night were their commercials!

No matter what cruiseline it is, I do love any show that is about cruising!

The Travel Channel did do one on the Inspiration with Samantha Brown a few years back right after the waterpark was added.

I really enjoyed the one last night on Mediterranean cruise which did show a lot on the ports. I thought is was kind of funny that both groups they focused on were in Royal Suites which most of us that cruise will never even see the inside of that cabin. They didn't show the "regular" guy cabins. I will say the ships by RCI are beautiful but I can't bring myself to leave CCL when I am Platinum and very spoiled!

I would love to see more shows on Carnival. I think RCL is really struggling to pay for their new ship and all I saw last night were their commercials!

I'm with you! I love cruising shows no matter the cruise line. It always gets me so excited! I also noticed that every person on both shows were staying in suites! I think they should have also shown a regular sized room. It seems kind of misleading to people who don't know any better to think thats what they're room will look like.

Samantha Brown recently filmed on the Carnival Freedom and it is to air soon. Having worked in PR and Marketing for years, this is a cheap way for the lines to advertise. Hour long shows that repeat over and over on a cable channel vs a commercial or magazine ad goes a long way. Same thing happened a few years back with all the Vegas shows that helped Vegas' tourism.

We love watching these travel channel cruise shows - and I must say they work! Each time my wife watches one I notice we both hover around the computer planning the next one!

Samantha Brown recently filmed on the Carnival Freedom and it is to air soon. Having worked in PR and Marketing for years' date=' this is a cheap way for the lines to advertise. Hour long shows that repeat over and over on a cable channel vs a commercial or magazine ad goes a long way. Same thing happened a few years back with all the Vegas shows that helped Vegas' tourism.

We love watching these travel channel cruise shows - and I must say they work! Each time my wife watches one I notice we both hover around the computer planning the next one![/quote']

I heard that she filmed a show on the Freedom. I'm excited to see it as I'll be boarding her in June!

On the travel channel they have a couple shows about cruising on right now

do you know what travel channel..cause not on mine...I was so excited cause I am tired of the "man and food" shows they have

Samantha Brown recently filmed on the Carnival Freedom and it is to air soon. Having worked in PR and Marketing for years' date=' this is a cheap way for the lines to advertise. Hour long shows that repeat over and over on a cable channel vs a commercial or magazine ad goes a long way. Same thing happened a few years back with all the Vegas shows that helped Vegas' tourism.

We love watching these travel channel cruise shows - and I must say they work! Each time my wife watches one I notice we both hover around the computer planning the next one![/quote']

That would be great since there was only one show she did with Carnival and it was a fantasy ship, would like to see one of the newer Carnival ships.

I watched the first two. I gotta admit those ships are gorgeous and had some great on board activities but also noticed they played up a suite like it was a standard room. I think that is totally misleading to consumers that don't know there is a major difference in room sizes.

I think it is the RCCL ship Freedom of the Seas

No...I think Samantha really did film a show on the Carnival Freedom...it just hasn't been aired yet. There were some posts from people who were aboard the ship when the filming was being done.

Can't wait to see the one on the Carnival Freedom when it airs since I'll be on her next year!

I got a really big laugh at some of the stuff in the shows - the first time cruisers talking about how pleasantly surprised they were with the room size as they pan out and show the biggest suite you've ever seen. I also noticed that these families had no one else on the their tours in all the ports - which you can sometimes do if you book on your own. But I wonder how many people will see the show, book the tour, and then wonder why they have 100 people on their tour? LOL. I still love watching any show on cruising, though. :)

I agree! I have them recording right now. I'll be watching them later while working out on the treadmill!:p

There were I 3 on last night. 1 on the Freedom of the Seas, 1 on the Navigator of the Seas and another one on a Mediterranean (I don't remember what ship)

I watched all 3 and they got me so excited for my upcoming cruise!

No...I think Samantha really did film a show on the Carnival Freedom...it just hasn't been aired yet. There were some posts from people who were aboard the ship when the filming was being done.

Yes, she was filming on the Carnival Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale about 4 months ago (give or take). We know someone who was on it at the same time. I was happy to hear that she is very cordial and friendly to folks when not filming. It is disappointing when you hear about these folks who are jerks off air - not her apparantly. She has the best job in the world!!

I watched the first two. I gotta admit those ships are gorgeous and had some great on board activities but also noticed they played up a suite like it was a standard room. I think that is totally misleading to consumers that don't know there is a major difference in room sizes.

Couldn't agree more. Most of us "cruise experts" on here understand the difference - although - i hope new cruisers don't expect their room to look like that!!

watching it right now and it makes me wonder....Does RC have a partnership with the Travel Channel?

This is great advertising!

In the beginning of the Samantha Brown episode last night, she made a comment about RCI "giving" her a cruise. So, I guess it depends on how free it is for Travel Channel. Also, if you look at the end of the first two shows they were produced and made by RCI, so pretty much Travel Channel gets a travel program without having to dish out any money to make it as they do most of them.

On the travel channel they have a couple shows about cruising on right now

big deal... seen them 20 times in the last 2 years. they only come on every 3 weeks without fail. or so it seems. they get boring after a while. i would rather pop in a dvd of my last cruise adventure and watch the silly things that happen on that cruise than to watch sam brown do her bit about the carnival ship, etc. Sam did not even show you the whole ship. just bits and pieces of it.

big deal... seen them 20 times in the last 2 years. they only come on every 3 weeks without fail. or so it seems. they get boring after a while. i would rather pop in a dvd of my last cruise adventure and watch the silly things that happen on that cruise than to watch sam brown do her bit about the carnival ship, etc. Sam did not even show you the whole ship. just bits and pieces of it.

There was actually a new one last night - first airing. First two were not Sam Brown, either, but followed two families on their first cruises - one in the Med. and one in the Caribbean. I hadn't seen either of those yet, although the Med. one wasn't listed as new.

Good morning to you too, no, these were new ones I seen, by the way the New season of "Samantha Brown's Great Weekends" starts May 9 at 10

Nobody twisting your arm to watch them ----geesh :rolleyes:

Archived