On the travel channel now

RVman

Thanks I have it on now, I would love to ice skate on a cruise ship !!!

Fred

I'm not very good at ice skating, and doing it on a rolling ship (even slightly rolling) just scares me. I can see myself with both legs and arms in casts. Not a pretty sight.:eek:

Samantha Brown recently filmed on the Carnival Freedom and it is to air soon. Having worked in PR and Marketing for years' date=' this is a cheap way for the lines to advertise. Hour long shows that repeat over and over on a cable channel vs a commercial or magazine ad goes a long way. Same thing happened a few years back with all the Vegas shows that helped Vegas' tourism.

We love watching these travel channel cruise shows - and I must say they work! Each time my wife watches one I notice we both hover around the computer planning the next one![/quote']

Just like "The Love Boat" did for Princess Cruise Lines, and the cruise industry as a whole, in the 70's.

big deal... seen them 20 times in the last 2 years. they only come on every 3 weeks without fail. or so it seems. they get boring after a while. i would rather pop in a dvd of my last cruise adventure and watch the silly things that happen on that cruise than to watch sam brown do her bit about the carnival ship, etc. Sam did not even show you the whole ship. just bits and pieces of it.

Well Penny, apparently to the OP it is something of interest. "BIG DEAL'...pretty harsh from someone who has "BLESSINGS" in her siggy, wouldn't you say:confused:

I'm not very good at ice skating, and doing it on a rolling ship (even slightly rolling) just scares me. I can see myself with both legs and arms in casts. Not a pretty sight.:eek:

Actually besides being able to ice skates and yes I would probably break every bone in my body if I did that. In the ice skating ring they do great professional ice shows which are amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me tell you how stupid I was until I found Cruise Critic. I always thought that the prices that they posted in the brochures were the price that you had to pay to go on a cruise, so for that reason I never really checked into cruising. It was when a friend asked me to go with her on my very first cruise and I needed information, that I found cruise critic. If they only showed suites, that will turn many people off from cruising since they will feel that that is what they are going to have to purchase. I know it would me if I did not know any difference.

To myself, this site is a lifesaver, any question you have about a cruise can be answered right her and sometimes in a matter of a few minutes.

Let me tell you how stupid I was until I found Cruise Critic. I always thought that the prices that they posted in the brochures were the price that you had to pay to go on a cruise, so for that reason I never really checked into cruising. It was when a friend asked me to go with her on my very first cruise and I needed information, that I found cruise critic. If they only showed suites, that will turn many people off from cruising since they will feel that that is what they are going to have to purchase. I know it would me if I did not know any difference.

To myself, this site is a lifesaver, any question you have about a cruise can be answered right her and sometimes in a matter of a few minutes.

I agree....CC helped me in so many ways!!

Thats great news that Samatha Brown filmed one on the Freedom, I can't wait. The RC ships look really great but I feel busy enough and alittle overwhelmed already without ice skating, flowrider, parade on promenade. I think I have found a nice balance with carnival, alot of fun with plenty to do but not over=whelmed if I don't do it all.

Archived