Balcony/"trundle" questions

bouhunter

Hey everyone,

All four of our cruises have been on RCCL larger ships. We're thinking of Solstice for next winter. Two questions:

What are the real differences in the balcony's that don't have obstructed views? I see conseirge class, sunset, etc etc

What is a "trundle bed"? Our daughter will be 11. We've always gotten a sofa bed on Royal Caribbean and liked that.

Thanks!!!:)

I did a search on "trundle" and found all sorts of information. It seems that the "sofa bed" is actually just the couch that they make into a bed, its not actually a pull out sofa.

A trundle has a pull-out underneath the sofa that also makes into a bed. There is a picture of it in one of the threads. I agree that the term "sofa bed" is misleading.

Try and find a cabin with a pullman instead. From all the reviews I read, the sofa bed is very hard and uncomfortable.

The Sunset Veranda's are those that are the true aft balconys facing the ship's wake. Normally those are highly sought after but the Solstice ones are no larger and have no shade and very little privacy.

The Concierge Class and Aqua Class have basically the same cabin/balcony as the others but come with upgraded amenities. You can see the differences by going to the Celebrity website and view the different classes. Concierge class has nicer robes, towels, etc. and has an upgraded room service menu.

Aqua Class has all of the amenities of the Concierge Class but is more of a spa type adult environment and is limited to 2 per cabin. All of them are on the Penthouse level and have direct access to the AquaSpa. The AQ Class passengers have their own dining room and have unlimited access to the Relaxation Room and the Persian Gardens.

I would agree that an 11 year old would be more comfortable with the pullman type bed. I have seen a photo of the trundle and it is a drawer that pulls out from under the sofa. It does not pop up to the level of the sofa and to me appears to have been designed for smaller children.

Archived