Ruby - Third birth in Balcony Cabin?

Luxury For Less

Hi All,

We are thinking of doing a Caribbean cruise on Ruby in December and taking our 14 year old son. How would be cabin be set up for 3 berths? Do DH and I lose our Queen to twins? Is third birth a bunk or sofa bed? Have been quoted on BC or BE grade but not given cabin number yet.

Would love a mini-suite but they are all sold out.:( Is it worth waitlisting for one? Would love to know others experience.

Thanks all :)

I'm pretty sure the third berth is a bunk that drops down from the ceiling or folds down from the wall, and you would lose the ability to have your beds on the floor pushed together into a queen.

Yes, it's a bunk bed that comes down. There is absolutely no sofa in the regular balcony cabins. Regular balcony cabins on Princess are smaller than other cruise lines regular balcony cabins.

If you can, go with a mini-suite. You'd have a bigger bathroom, a tub, two TVs (one for him, one for you), a sofa during the day and a sofa bed at night. Sometimes, the price will come down on the minis around 2-3 months prior to sailing.

p.s. - Usually, you can still have the 2 twin beds pushed together to make a queen bed with the bunk bed above you (next to the wall. It does make it inconvenient to get up & down the bunk bed though.

There are some pics on webshots of triple balcony cabins to give you an idea. I tried to copy & paste the link, but it didn't work. :confused:

Archived