Puerto Limon specific suggestions for family

JillB

I would very much appreciate any advice/suggestions you can give about a tour in Puerto Limon that would make everyone in the family happy (okay, happy enough.)

My husband does not want to do the zipline.

My children are 14, 9, and 6.

Some sightseeing is fine, but lots and lots of it might be a problem for them.

If anyone has been to Limon before, does this sound like it might be fun enough for everyone?

1. Tortuguero Canal

2. Banana plantation-if anyone has done this with children, were they interested?

3. Sloth Sanctuary or Oscar Brown's sister's sloth if we go with him or one of his co-workers

4. Cahuita Natl. Park-is this worthwhile/beautiful?

5. Some of the sights recommended by Oscar such as cocoa bean farm, city tour, botanical garden-if anyone has done these with children, were they interested?

If you would highly recommend (or not recommend) any of the above, please advise. Also, if there is something great that I haven't mentioned that you could recommend, that would be appreciated as well.

Finally, what time would you recommend starting the tour?

A tour company I have been corresponding with suggested 7:30 a.m. Costa Rica time (our ship time would be 8:30 a.m.) I am concerned about cranky children at that time. If it is much better to tour this early, then I will enforce an early bedtime the night before.

Thank you in advance for any advice and reading this long post.

Sincerely,

jillb

I highly recommend the Tortuguero Canal tour. Its perfect for the family. I did this tour last March and thought it was one of the best excursions I have done. If you decide on this tour, pick the earliest time as some of the animals that you will see seek shade as the day goes on and gets hotter. The earlier, the better. Hope this helps, but we LOVED this excursion and would do it again if we ever stop at Puerto Limon again.

I highly recommend the Tortuguero Canal tour. Its perfect for the family. I did this tour last March and thought it was one of the best excursions I have done. If you decide on this tour, pick the earliest time as some of the animals that you will see seek shade as the day goes on and gets hotter. The earlier, the better. Hope this helps, but we LOVED this excursion and would do it again if we ever stop at Puerto Limon again.

Did you take this tour thru your ship or did you book it independently? If independently, who did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here :)

I Just want to recommend someone in Port Limon, is a person who take people to a tour. Is a nice person, personally I'm happy with the tour that he gave me and my family like too. We visit Tortuguero Canal was incredible, full of species of birds and wildlife:p and the tour was so cheap.

He has a webpage if you want to take a look is www.geocities.com/manuelbebe2000/bebe.html.

I love Costa Rica and probably We go the next year again.

I would very much appreciate any advice/suggestions you can give about a tour in Puerto Limon that would make everyone in the family happy (okay, happy enough.)

My husband does not want to do the zipline.

My children are 14, 9, and 6.

Some sightseeing is fine, but lots and lots of it might be a problem for them.

If anyone has been to Limon before, does this sound like it might be fun enough for everyone?

1. Tortuguero Canal

2. Banana plantation-if anyone has done this with children, were they interested?

3. Sloth Sanctuary or Oscar Brown's sister's sloth if we go with him or one of his co-workers

4. Cahuita Natl. Park-is this worthwhile/beautiful?

5. Some of the sights recommended by Oscar such as cocoa bean farm, city tour, botanical garden-if anyone has done these with children, were they interested?

If you would highly recommend (or not recommend) any of the above, please advise. Also, if there is something great that I haven't mentioned that you could recommend, that would be appreciated as well.

Finally, what time would you recommend starting the tour?

A tour company I have been corresponding with suggested 7:30 a.m. Costa Rica time (our ship time would be 8:30 a.m.) I am concerned about cranky children at that time. If it is much better to tour this early, then I will enforce an early bedtime the night before.

Thank you in advance for any advice and reading this long post.

Sincerely,

jillb

Hi I'm new here :)

I Just want to recommend someone in Port Limon, is a person who take people to a tour. Is a nice person, personally I'm happy with the tour that he gave me and my family like too. We visit Tortuguero Canal was incredible, full of species of birds and wildlife:p and the tour was so cheap.

He has a webpage if you want to take a look is www.geocities.com/manuelbebe2000/bebe.html.

I love Costa Rica and probably We go the next year again.

Archived