Question for scuba girl

kdh123

I am new to this and notice people always asking you question, I assume you are from the Bahamas? If so I have a question and hopefully you can answer it?

We are planning on coming on a cruise in Aug., I seen on other threads on here about tour guide by the name of Godfrey that I was considering to use so I can see the island. Do you know anything about this tour guide? He has his own web site and seem reasonable as far as cost.

But than I got to thinking maybe we could just take cabs/jiffy to the sites we wanted to go. How easy is that to do? Some sites we would like to do is Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and that other Fort, Water Tower, shopping, and to the beach ( I heard Cable beach is better for kids due to Cabbage has stronger currents---what is your thoughts?) The only downfall I see about going on our own is we won't be able to hear the history of places we are looking at plus I would like to hear the history about the town itself.

Thank you and hope you can help.

I am new to this and notice people always asking you question, I assume you are from the Bahamas? If so I have a question and hopefully you can answer it?

We are planning on coming on a cruise in Aug., I seen on other threads on here about tour guide by the name of Godfrey that I was considering to use so I can see the island. Do you know anything about this tour guide? He has his own web site and seem reasonable as far as cost.

But than I got to thinking maybe we could just take cabs/jiffy to the sites we wanted to go. How easy is that to do? Some sites we would like to do is Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and that other Fort, Water Tower, shopping, and to the beach ( I heard Cable beach is better for kids due to Cabbage has stronger currents---what is your thoughts?) The only downfall I see about going on our own is we won't be able to hear the history of places we are looking at plus I would like to hear the history about the town itself.

Thank you and hope you can help.

I personally don't know any of these tour guides. I'm sure they are fine.

If you look a the map you'll see that the Queens Staircase, Water tower and fort fincastle are all in the same spot.. and there is a guide at the fort to give you an interesting tour.

Fort Charlotte is nearby.. but a little bit of a walk.

You could take a cab to the water tower and walk back.. easily (it's on the top of the hill and a quick 10 minute walk back down the hill.

Cable beach is accessible by the #10 jitney for $1.25.. they run every few mintues .. all day long until around 6:30.

It certainly IS best for small kids.. but you'll need a day pass from one of the hotels. Depending on the date.. you'll have a choice of wyhdham (they will close August 17 for the off season).. or the sheraton.. which will stay open.

THere's lots of info about these two passes. and things could easily change between now and your trip.

Archived