Amsterdam Oceanview cabins in Alaska

AlanAllyn

We are thinking about the Amsterdam 14-day Alaska cruise in June 2010.

Do the Upper Promenade cabins open onto the promenade as well as the corridor? If so, is there a problem with privacy or noise in the early morning?

On the Main deck, is there noise from footsteps on the promenade above?

Indeed, is it worth the extra money to move up from the Dolphin deck?

We usually do balconies in the Caribbean, but don't like the cold. This will be our first Holland America cruise, we have done mostly Royal Carib, but also Celebrity, Princess and Crystal.

Thanks for any help

Alan

Hi Alan,

We just booked the May 31st sailing on the Amsterdam 14-day roundtrip Seattle tonight (YEA!). We booked cabin 7056 - its an oceanview on the Navigation Deck, aft. Out the cabin door and out to a semi-private, little used (from what I'm told) public deck with stairs leading one deck up to the Lido. We got a great price, and feel like we're getting the best of both worlds - an oceanview price for what amounts to quick and easy acces to a large semi-private balcony. All other cabins on Navigation Deck appear to be balconies. Might be worth your while to check out the deck plans and see what you think.

Happy sailing - you are going to LOVE Alaska! This is our third time back, and we're already planning our fourth (self-planned land tour) for 2012!!! It is magnificent!:D

The outside cabins on Lower Promendae Deck on the Amsterdam have large picture windows looking out over the decking, and toward the sea. There won't be the new lanai cabins on this ship.

Main Deck should not have noise from above as running on that deck is not allowed, but there could be heavy footsteps. I had an outside on Main Deck on a similar ship once and did not hear a thing. I've also had an outside on Lower Promenade on another ship and, again, was not disturbed by noise.

YMMV

We are thinking about the Amsterdam 14-day Alaska cruise in June 2010.

Alan

I am in the early stages of organizing a CC Group cruise for 2010. One of the options is the May 31st - June 14th which may be of interest to you :)

Archived