Just off the triumph - it was great!

mousey

We just got back late last night from our 4/12 cruise aboard the Carnival Triumph. We had an absolutely wonderful time! This was the best crew it has ever been my pleasure to sail with.:D This was our fifth straight Spring Break cruise in a row! I have been cruising since I was 19 yrs. old, and I am now 62, and believe me when I say that every single crew member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Our friend (our waiter told us he was our freind, not our watier, and he was so right) whose name is Zumin, is from India. We just loved him! He is a very special person and made everyone of our dinners in the London Dinning Room a special event. He is just the most wonderful guy! Koko, who took our drink orders, always had our favorite drinks waiting for us when we came in for dinner. Our room steward was also a wonderful guy, I injured my back prior to going to our cruise, and had to spend the first couple of days in bed most of the time. Everyday he would come by to check to see how I was doing, and to see if there was any way he could make me more comfortable. Since I was laid up the first two days we ordered most of our breakfasts and lunches from Room Service. The young man that brought us our food always inquired about me and wanted to know how I was feeling. This was my SIL's first cruise and she couldn't get over how nice and friendly everyone she came into contact with on the ship was. Needless to say she is now an official cruise nut!

As my back is still causing me some pain when I sit for too long, I will write an official reveiw and post it on the Member's Review Board in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the Triumph that I can.

Even with being injured I still had a wonderful time, and would highly recommend sailing on the Triumph to anyone. She has the best crew I have ever encountered. I just can't say enough good things about the Triuimph's crew. For that reason alone, I would sail on her again in a heartbeat!:D

Ask away, if you have questions!:D

I was with Mousey on this cruise and even though we never got together - maybe another time, this ship was excellent.

The cruise Director Jorge was awesome even filling in when one of the acts missed the boat. the shows were good and the service, was by far the best I have ever encountered on a Carnival Ship.

I too will try and answer any of your questions you might have. The only drawback I had was some of the food was not the best I have had on Carnival. That is not to say it was bad, just not the best I have encountered. I did hear people say who were on RCL and NCL that this was the best they have had. So take that for what it is worth.

For excursions, we did the following:

San Juan - Shopping and Senor Frogs (this was great)

St Thomas - Coral World (sea lion swim) this was awesome to intereact with South American Sea lions in and out of the water and Coki beach next door

St Martin - Captain Alan 3 Isalnd Snorkel - HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS www.captainalan.com

Our Cabin was 1107 on the Spa deck. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

We have been on 7 cruises and this one rated up with the Best ! up against princess and RCL - The staff was great - food was really good - only 1 complaint in a week... and that was minor - Aft balcony was scenic however - we like more privacy and not so much heat during the day.

-exceptionally Smooth seas except for one night ...

If I had any comment it was the kids - lots and some were out of control - but that is expected during Spring Break of Easter Week - talked to Holland America and Norwegian cruisers - they also had a ton of kids -

Our vote was 9.9 ... plus our on shore tours - including Sonny Liston -

I have the music playing everyday - Follow the Leader

Segway in San Juan - awesome -

Bernard Tours in St. Martin - great - saw the Air France land over our heads ....

You better buy stocks now - Carnival is going up weekly and will continue... while RCL keeps dropping !

Great Cruise !!

We just got back late last night from our 4/12 cruise aboard the Carnival Triumph. We had an absolutely wonderful time! This was the best crew it has ever been my pleasure to sail with.:D This was our fifth straight Spring Break cruise in a row! I have been cruising since I was 19 yrs. old, and I am now 62, and believe me when I say that every single crew member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Our friend (our waiter told us he was our freind, not our watier, and he was so right) whose name is Zumin, is from India. We just loved him! He is a very special person and made everyone of our dinners in the London Dinning Room a special event. He is just the most wonderful guy! Koko, who took our drink orders, always had our favorite drinks waiting for us when we came in for dinner. Our room steward was also a wonderful guy, I injured my back prior to going to our cruise, and had to spend the first couple of days in bed most of the time. Everyday he would come by to check to see how I was doing, and to see if there was any way he could make me more comfortable. Since I was laid up the first two days we ordered most of our breakfasts and lunches from Room Service. The young man that brought us our food always inquired about me and wanted to know how I was feeling. This was my SIL's first cruise and she couldn't get over how nice and friendly everyone she came into contact with on the ship was. Needless to say she is now an official cruise nut!

As my back is still causing me some pain when I sit for too long, I will write an official reveiw and post it on the Member's Review Board in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the Triumph that I can.

Even with being injured I still had a wonderful time, and would highly recommend sailing on the Triumph to anyone. She has the best crew I have ever encountered. I just can't say enough good things about the Triuimph's crew. For that reason alone, I would sail on her again in a heartbeat!:D

Ask away, if you have questions!:D

We sailed on the Triumph 0n 4/5-4/12 to the Western Carribbean. We had the same waiter you had only I believe his name was Zubin with a B. You are absolutely right about him though, he was the nicest, most thoughtful wait person I've ever had. He made myself and my family (especially my 2 children) feel as if we were the only people in the dining room. Zubin is a true treasure and Carnival is lucky to have him.

Absolutely loved the crew on the Triumph and this was a few years ago. I'm glad to hear the existing crew is just as good. They must pump happy gas into the crew quarters on that ship and I hope they don't stop.

We sailed on the Triumph 0n 4/5-4/12 to the Western Carribbean. We had the same waiter you had only I believe his name was Zubin with a B. You are absolutely right about him though, he was the nicest, most thoughtful wait person I've ever had. He made myself and my family (especially my 2 children) feel as if we were the only people in the dining room. Zubin is a true treasure and Carnival is lucky to have him.

I totally agree, we looked forward to seeing him every night. He has personality to spare. I'm going to write a letter to Carnival and tell them what a gem he is and how lucky they are to have him on their crew. I just can't say enough about how special he made our dinner times. He danced for us, sang for us, and was just absolutely wonderful!:D The next time I sail on the Triumph I will make sure to ask to be seated wherever he is serving, even if it's the dungeon!:D

Thanks for the review! I'm debating on whether to book the Triumph Caribbean or the Dream for spring break next year. I like the Dream's itinerary, but I would prefer to sail out of New Orleans (stop at Cafe du Monde before getting on the boat!) I'm glad to hear that the Triumph's crew is so great!

We can't wait for the Triumph to move to NOLA! I'll definitely be booking a cruise on her for spring 2010. Thanks for the review, and I hope your back feels better soon.

BTW, I don't know what your injury involves, but if it is a muscle strain, there is a product called Blue Stuff that works wonders! Google it for their web site. My DH and son-in-law have a lot of back trouble, and they both swear by it. We believe the cream formula (in a jar) works best. :)

Thanks for all the good reviews we are sailing in 7 days.

How bad the sewer smell others complain.:) I just remove my air freshener LOL..........I belive if you go on a cruise thinking you are going to have FUN that is what you get...............thanks

We've decided to book her for our cruise next year. Best rates we could find for what we needed, we'll be familiar with the port since DH and I are sailing out of there this year and all these awesome reviews, don't think we can go wrong.

Hopefully rates won't go up before we can get the deposit $$ together, a little harder getting it for 6 of us instead of 2 of us. LOL

Our most recent cruise was on the Triumph thos past Halloween. We, too, loved it! We had no complaints, but lots of praise. Our next cruise is one the Dream in February and she will have a lot to live up to. But then again we have never had a bad cruise on CCL.

My family and I (11 of us) are setting sail for a short 4 day cruise on the Triumph July '09 from NYC to Canada. Most of us are 1st time cruisers. Any info regarding this ship will be very helpful.

Archived