Ship Tour

anniect4

We are sailing on the Carribean next month. Does anyone know if the ship offers a tour on the first day? Have never been on a ship so large and I'm afraid we will miss something good if we don't get a tour.

We are sailing on the Carribean next month. Does anyone know if the ship offers a tour on the first day? Have never been on a ship so large and I'm afraid we will miss something good if we don't get a tour.

I believe they do offer the ultimate ship tour but the day varies on ship and cruise. pretty sure it is NOT on the first day though.

I believe they do offer the ultimate ship tour but the day varies on ship and cruise. pretty sure it is NOT on the first day though.

I don't think that the original question was about the$150pp Ultimate Ship's Tour....I think that they were asking about a free, general tour.

Yes, the ship does offer such a tour. I don't think that it is the first day (the day you get on) but the next day. The dailing newspaper "Patter" will give you the details and the meeting place. It is usually done by one of the Cruise Director's staff.

I don't think that the original question was about the$150pp Ultimate Ship's Tour....I think that they were asking about a free, general tour.

Yes, the ship does offer such a tour. I don't think that it is the first day (the day you get on) but the next day. The dailing newspaper "Patter" will give you the details and the meeting place. It is usually done by one of the Cruise Director's staff.

I agree that their question probably wasn't about the UST, however, if you have the extra $150 p/p it is a great tour with lots of goodies to take home:D

I don't think the OP is looking to spend $150, and get everything that goes into a ultimate ship tour. Looks like they are just interested in something that would help them know what the ship has and where--so they don't "miss something good". I seem to recall that Princess has these tours but I'm not sure of the timing. I would think it would be offered on embarcation day and/or the first full day--doesn't make a lot of sense to do it on the last day of a cruise.

Annie, On our previous cruises on the CB they HAVE offerred tours of the ship on embarkation day. It is not a behind the scenes tour but just helping you find your way around the ship. It is conducted by some of the cruise director's staff and has been before the Muster Drill.

We are on the same cruise with you, see you onboard! If we can be of help just let us know as we do know our way around the CB. We are looking forward to seeing the improvements made to her this last January.

Yes, there is generally a ship's tour on embarkation day. Check the Patter. And remember, that when you check in, they'll hand you a map that will show the location of most everything onboard.

Yes -- I agree. There is also one next morning. But except for some tips --- such as how to find the name of the ship one is on or which side is port -- just bumbling around is better. Instead go to the Spa on embarkation day -- the spa tour is better.

Yes, there is generally a ship's tour on embarkation day.

On embarkation day they will take you through the spa, where you can get to sign up for a couple's deal, good all week for hot stones/steam room etc. In the gym they offer several fitness/yoga options too.

Yes -- I agree. There is also one next morning. But except for some tips --- such as how to find the name of the ship one is on or which side is port -- just bumbling around is better. Instead go to the Spa on embarkation day -- the spa tour is better.

True that... we took the tour once... exited after about 5 minutes. Definitely for the newbies... not to say that it isn't worth it for the first time cruiser especially if the ACD is a good one.

Thank you to everyone. I have cruised one time prior on Carnival, but my BF has never cruised before. I think he would feel better getting to know the ship with someone other than me.

bsb4273 and WWCJR look forward to seeing you on the ship. Hope to see you with mardi gras beads at the sail away party!

Archived