questions about the Mariner

I booked a cruise on the Mariner for my honeymoon. We thought that the late seating for dinner would be best for us so that's what I chose. In hindsight I wonder if the late seating will interfere with any of the shows (Quest, comedians, ice skating show... etc) What time do these shows usually start? Also, I booked my airfare along through the cruiseline...do they provide free transportation from the airport to Port Canaveral?

Thanks!

Most of the shows are scheduled for both early and late seating diners. There will either be 2 shows, 1 for each seating, or an early or late show so that all guests have an opportunity to attend. Your cruisline air does include prepaid transfers to and from the ship. :) Congratulations and have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for your quick replies! :) I'm looking forward to my cruise as this will be my first ever (as you could probably tell from my name :rolleyes: ). We weren't sure if we wanted to do an all "luxury" cruise like the seven seas or a more adventurous one like the RCLL voyager ships. In the end this boat won our vote and I couldn't be more excited. Thanks again for your help.

In regard to Quest, it was held at 10:30 - 10:45 ish and was plenty of time from dinner to the game. ALso, think about this.. will you be doing eastern or western cruise? Look at what time the ship departs from each port and if you plan on being on shore until the hsip leaves, then you will have to miss sail away since the ship will leave while you are eating. Congrats, and you will love the Mariner.

Thanks for the info on Quest...I've read rave reviews about it and didn't want to miss it although our other option could have been to not eat in the dining room for that evening I guess. :o

Your point about departure time is a good one, I didn't even think about that! We definately want to watch the sail away (especially since this is our first one) and our ship is scheduled to leave the port at 5pm. We are doing the Eastern cruise. Can't wait for the BOB excursion at St. Thomas (was that Thomas or Martin...I can't remember off hand).

Very excited and it's still so far away! :cool:

Thanks again for your insight...I'm second guessing everything I book for this trip because I have no personal experience about what is good and what isn't. You should have seen me try to pick a cabin! :eek:

firstcruise05

If you have any more questions...just fire away....you will find most people are really knowledgeable and helpful on these boards...if they cant help they will know someone who can :D

I am busy planning our third cruise for next year on the Mariner and I tell you I am still learning plenty from these boards and I am on here every day.

This time we are going on a group cruise and I am so looking forward to actually meeting some of the regulars from here...face to face. :D

Good luck and enjoy

Liz

Liz,

You said that you were booking a cruise on the Mariner for next year and I saw the banner on the bottom of your post that said something about the Mariner cruise on Oct. 16th...is that the one your booking right now? I'm asking because that is the exact cruise that I booked for our honeymoon! It just seems so far away though...I'm anxious (a little...it's going to be an expensive time for me with the wedding expenses and everything but still excited...no, so so excited :p about this cruise).

I just wasn't really sure about anything...which deck to pick (I picked an E1 balcony and they offered me some cabins midship on deck 8 or 1 cabin right in the front of deck 10). LOL then we were discussing which side of the ship we wanted to be on (before I realized that it doesn't really matter because we will be facing one way on the way down to the islands and then the other on the way up :rolleyes: )

Anyway, looking forward to cruising with you...if that's the cruise you're going on.

Yes our next cruise is on the 16th Oct 05 ...why not drop in to the roll call and meet some of your fellow pax...as I am going on a group cruise we have a group roll call etc also...with so long till the cruise it is a great way to "meet" your fellow pax and share ideas and tips and get help with anything.When it comes to puting in the links for these things I just cant get the hang of it but I am sure someone will help here.

I have an atrium cabin on deck 8 for my son and I....same cabin as we had on the Navigator in Feb...with the cost of our airfares etc I dont book balcony cabins...hey I am just happy to be on a cruise.

Hope you remembered to tell your TA that it is your Honeymoon cruise.

See you next year :D

Liz

Archived