Chef's Table / Galley Tours on RCCL?

Does anyone know if RCCL offers an opportunity to dine at the chef's table and/or tour a galley? I work as a chef and I'd love to meet some of the galley staff and see how they go about handling so many mouths to feed every day!

Chef's table? I honestly didn't know they had one. All I've heard about was the Captain's table. If you are in a GS or higher or have diamond plus status why don't you ask the concierge to help you with this request. If not, call RCL and ask for an E-Mail to the ship and ask them if you can get this request granted.

Given a choice between dining at the Captain's table or the Chef's table I would choose the Chef's table in a heart beat.

As far as the Gallery Tour, YES, they do offer them but I am not sure how its done. We were in a GS in January and had the opportunity to do a gallery tour (preset day and time) but by the time we realize that we could do it it was too late.

GOOD LUCK to you! I hope you get to do this.

Chef's table? I honestly didn't know they had one. All I've heard about was the Captain's table. If you are in a GS or higher or have diamond plus status why don't you ask the concierge to help you with this request. If not, call RCL and ask for an E-Mail to the ship and ask them if you can get this request granted.

Given a choice between dining at the Captain's table or the Chef's table I would choose the Chef's table in a heart beat.

As far as the Gallery Tour, YES, they do offer them but I am not sure how its done. We were in a GS in January and had the opportunity to do a gallery tour (preset day and time) but by the time we realize that we could do it it was too late.

GOOD LUCK to you! I hope you get to do this.

I'm a n00b when it comes to cruising with RCCL, so I don't have status with them. I did email RCCL through their web site asking about the possibility of getting a galley tour. Will post back here if anything comes of it. :D A couple of other cruises I've been on with other lines did offer an additional-cost option of dining at the chef's table. Hoping there's an equivalent option with RCCL.

A galley tour was offered to all guests in GS and above on our recent Explorer cruise. It took place at a set time - just before lunch and it was fascinating to see where all the action took place and to hear about the huge volumes involved.

I would definitely send an email, but also, when you get on board the first day, write a personal note to the chef, and ask that way. I would also include in it any training you've had (CIA?) that might apply.

Drop it off at the purser's desk, and ask that it be delivered to the chef...

You may not get an immediate response, but may come back to your room and find a personal invitation waiting...

On my last Princess cruise they offered a special dinner called Chef's Table. It cost $75.00 dollars. I did it and it was worth every penny.

The first course was served in the galley, after that and a tour of the galley we went into the dining room for the rest of the dinner. I really wish RCCL offered this type dining experience.

Archived