Baltimore Port info

tinybabynurse

We are leaving from the port in Baltimore on our cruise to Bermuda in June. Can someone please advise us of a hotel that will allow us to leave our car parked while we are on the cruise and will also provide our transportation to the pier the day of the cruise?

Also can someone please tell us about the port experience in Baltimore in regards to parking (if we end up doing that) and the smoothness (or not) of operations there. We have never ever sailed out of that port before.

Would appreciate any opinions and suggestions----

Sailed out of there two years ago and it was great. Grew up ten minutes from there, but even for someone from out of town, it's easy to get to. Right off the interstate. From driving into the parking lot to getting onboard it was under 30 minutes. You pull up and they check your documents, there's a tent set up if you need baggage tags. You pull around to where they unload your luggage from the car and they put it right onto one of those covered luggage trailer. You drive up a little more and pay for parking, park your car and you can either walk the short distance or they have a shuttle that will take you to the terminal. Here's the website www.cruisemaryland.com. Have a wonderful trip.

To Mikedw - Wow - that really does sound easy. Not at all like our last not really great experience in New Jersey! - that port was awful. This sounds more like our beloved Port Canaveral. Thanks for the website info - will check it out for sure. It is just so nice to be able to talk to someone who has "been there - done that!"

I'll agaree it's just that easy. We're hooked on going out of Baltimore because it is so easy. Port is so close to 95 that you can see the ship from the interstate. Just remember to be in the right lane of traffic - exit is the last exit before the Fort McHenry tunnel when coming north or the first exit after the tunnel when coming south.

With three ships in port the shuttle may be necessary but the past few summers its been a short walk when only one ship has been in town at a time.

We are thinking of cruising to Bermuda from Baltimore in August. What is the cost of parking there for a week? It looks like the Majesty doesn't have any balconies. :( I was hoping to book one.

This cruise is a toss between Bermuda or the Western Caribbean on Carnival's Valor.

We are thinking of cruising to Bermuda from Baltimore in August. What is the cost of parking there for a week? It looks like the Majesty doesn't have any balconies. :( I was hoping to book one.

This cruise is a toss between Bermuda or the Western Caribbean on Carnival's Valor.

We sailed out of Baltimore on the Majesty (no balconies on the Majesty, unfortunately) last summer and although we took a transfer and did not park, I was impressed with how straightforward everything was at the terminal.

Baltimore cruise terminal parking info at: http://www.cruisemaryland.com/index.htm

Ganders - what was your impression of the Majesty? We have heard so many mixed reviews!
It was a good match for us. It’s a smaller, older ship, but we thought that it was in good shape, considering. There aren’t as many dining choices as on newer ships, but we knew that going in. On this cruise, we just happened to take an up sell to a suite, so we ate at Le Bistro often (breakfast, lunch, a couple of dinners.) Our service was great, for the most part. We spent a lot of time out on deck and on the promenade; the Majesty’s promenade is more “functional” as opposed to being a place to sit/lounge in that there were not chairs out there, but you can certainly use it to run, walk or hang out at the rail. Also, we docked at St. Georges, which was very nice. Overall, we were happy with the Majesty.

Are family/friends permitted to drop-off and pick-up cruisers at the port? It would be convenient for our family members to drop us off if they are permitted past the security checkpoints. If not, we'll have to drive and park which would be much more difficult. :confused:

Unless things have changed this year family and friends can drop you off. We've had friends do that in previous years. If they drop you off they can do it right in front of the termanl. There is a luggage drop off point there so you are even closer than if you park (which is exceptionally close).

If you are parking it ihas gone up to $15.00 a night and as of last year they now accept charge.

We've done Royal Caribbean for the last few years since from 2005-2007 they were the only line going out of Baltimore. The port is efficient at clearing the ship and getting the previous people off. Royal Caribbean usually says 1:00 for boarding and they sometimes start boarding as early as 11:30.

Ganders - Thank you for your impressions related to the Majesty. That is pretty much what we are expecting. We cruise a lot, usually on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, but we are just considering this cruise as a very modest and expensive means of transportation to get us to Bermuda. We are not expecting much and therefore won't be disappointed. Who could be - we will be in Bermuda! Thanks so much for your reply to my question.

We are leaving from the port in Baltimore on our cruise to Bermuda in June. Can someone please advise us of a hotel that will allow us to leave our car parked while we are on the cruise and will also provide our transportation to the pier the day of the cruise?

We are heading out of Baltimore in June as well. We found that there are no hotels right near the port that offer a park, sleep, cruise package. There is however a hotel near the airport that offers this. I think it is the Sheraton. They offered the hotel, parking, and shuttle for about $125 or so. I figured that is about the same price as parking at the port all week.

babynurse.. ive sailed the Majesty 10 times.. Boston to Bermuda.. we will truly miss her... the best crew.. the best times...and you'll get to savor St George Harbor as being one of the few ships that can make the cut. dont fuss nor fret... you'll love the ship.. and the crew..

Paul

Also can someone please tell us about the port experience in Baltimore in regards to parking (if we end up doing that) and the smoothness (or not) of operations there. We have never ever sailed out of that port before.

Would appreciate any opinions and suggestions----

We are sailing on the Majesty on 6/21/09 and I was looking into the stay,park and cruise hotel option but there really aren't any except the Sheraton near the airport which is more expensive than parking at the cruise terminal. We live in N.E. Philly so we plan on just hopping on I95 semi-early on the 21st and just park there.

What date are you sailing?????????

We have previously cruised to Bermuda on the Crown (twice) so a smaller ship like the Majesty which is bigger than the Crown (right??) will be just fine. I consider this our "getting our feet wet" cruises because I want to do a longer cruise on a bigger ship within the next 2 years. I am missing leaving from the Philly Cruise Terminal it was only 25 minutes from home and they were getting really good at handling the crowds...oh well.

In fact we love that ship so much we're thinking of taking one of SW air's new boston - baltimore or providence to baltimore.. anyone tell me what i can expect to pay in money and time for transfer to an from the airport in Baltimore? the airfare is a no brainer and we just love the ship that much that we'd fly down.. and if anyone has q's about the Majesty fire away.. seasoned veteran of many sailings on her.. thanks in advance..

Paul

Archived