Best Embarkation Strategy for 15 ppl-Splendor

ameliabedilia

What's the best strategy for getting on the Splendor May 17th for 15 people? Should we go super early, super late, when they actually tell you to? Don't want to start our family vacation stressed out. Also, we will be seeing alot of people for the first time in about a year, so we really want to be together, at least at first.

Thanks!

I confirmed that early check-in for Carnival ships is available on the Queen Mary from 9 am to 11 am. You do not have to stay on the Queen Mary to take advantage of this and there is no charge, see attached thread for more information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hlight=%22zone

Unfortunately your information is incorrect. They have recently changed the early check in process, and even some Carnvial and Queen Mary Staff are stil not up to speed. The Queen Mary is NOT providing the early check-in venue. You now have to go to the early check-in counters located between the dome and the parking garage, which is also where the waiting area is. After 11 am it just becomes a regular check-in counter.

What's the best strategy for getting on the Splendor May 17th for 15 people? Should we go super early, super late, when they actually tell you to? Don't want to start our family vacation stressed out. Also, we will be seeing alot of people for the first time in about a year, so we really want to be together, at least at first.

Thanks!

We were a group of 9, and we did the early check-in last week, and I'm soooo glad we did!! Get there by about 10 am if you can, but you must all check-in at about the same time to ensure you get the same Zone number card for waiting together. Then go get a coffee and danish over at the Queen Mary, then return to the waiting area and secure your seat... as the morning wears on and more passsengers arrive, seating will become unavailable. It will give you all a chance to chat while you wait and then when your zone number is called you should all try to stick very close together as you go through the dome for processing, and especially for your "welcome aboard" embarkation photo op. :D

Unfortunately your information is incorrect. They have recently changed the early check in process, and even some Carnvial and Queen Mary Staff are stil not up to speed. The Queen Mary is NOT providing the early check-in venue. You now have to go to the early check-in counters located between the dome and the parking garage, which is also where the waiting area is. After 11 am it just becomes a regular check-in counter.

We were a group of 9, and we did the early check-in last week, and I'm soooo glad we did!! Get there by about 10 am if you can, but you must all check-in at about the same time to ensure you get the same Zone number card for waiting together. Then go get a coffee and danish over at the Queen Mary, then return to the waiting area and secure your seat... as the morning wears on and more passsengers arrive, seating will become unavailable. It will give you all a chance to chat while you wait and then when your zone number is called you should all try to stick very close together as you go through the dome for processing, and especially for your "welcome aboard" embarkation photo op. :D

Thanks for the update!!!

So you all met there about 10 am? Are the hours 9-11 just like the QM?

Thanks everyone! I'm just nervous with all of us, and I do want a group embarkation photo :)

So you all met there about 10 am? Are the hours 9-11 just like the QM?

Thanks everyone! I'm just nervous with all of us, and I do want a group embarkation photo :)

We actually all spent the nigth before at he Queen Mary and were still under the impression that we would do early check in at the Queen Mary. But when we went to the room at the aft end of Queen Mary at 9:15 (We had been told it would start at 9:30) we were told nope, they don't do it there. We walked back to the main desk on the Queen Mary, where they said oh sure they do it there, so we walked back again and met with a different Queen Mary staff member who said no they don't do it there we have to check in at the dome. Still confused, we walked back to the main entrance once more, and one of the doormen said they had just changed the process recently and that even early check in is now done over by the dome... and that the staff don't all get regular communication updates, which expalins the confusion. So... after all this confusion, we arrived at the early check in counter outside the dome at about 9:45, and there were only two families in line ahead of us. We were done in just a few minutes, and then the waiting began. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a new follow up question to my old question. If we do early check in at about 10 am, can you leave and go eat or something? Or will we be sitting there for hours and hours? Is there anything even nearby? Just trying to be prepared as we will have kids from 4-15 with us.

Hello,

regarding the early check in, does everybody has to be present to do the early check in or just one person per cabin can do the early check in for the rest of the people ?

Thanks.

Archived