Shore Excursions

Becca76

I'm going on 3 shore excursions, snorkeling in Belize, either zip line or white water rafting in Cost Rica and either the two oceans by rail or locks, indian village, and waterfall in Panama.

What things do I need to pack or bring with me and what type of bag do you use to carry them? Do I need to find some kind of water proof thing for cash and id and stuff? Do I need to carry much?

When I've done the Disney parks I have taken a backpack and that has worked fine. I also used it for everything in Hawaii. I don't need anything special do I? I did use zip lock baggies to keep the money and stuff dry in the backpack.

Do I need to worry if I leave this on the boat while snorkeling?

Thanks!!

You can leave your "valuable" on the boat---it'll be fine.

Your room key, id and credit cards are plastic---they're already "waterproof"! And, even wet cash is spendable!!!

I certainly wouldn't spend money to protect plastic from the water!

And don't bring much money...you won't need it if you've pre-paid for the excursion!

We went snorkeling in Belize last week and I was worried about where to leave valuables, too. We used a water wallet for our ship cards, drivers license and money. Our water wallet didn't work so it all ended up wet. Fortunately, as stated above, the cards didn't matter and the money dried. Next time we will leave everything on the boat. No one will bother your stuff. And if lunch is included in your excursion, you won't need much money anyway.

Don't bring anything you want to loose. Keep everything on your person (bathing suits with pockets that zip are the best). Some excursions let you leave a bag in a locked van, but even then I am leary of this. I sometimes carry a backpack but not on very active excursions.

Don't bring anything you want to loose. Keep everything on your person (bathing suits with pockets that zip are the best). Some excursions let you leave a bag in a locked van, but even then I am leary of this. I sometimes carry a backpack but not on very active excursions.

We're doing a rafting trip in Spain on our cruise, I ordered this off of eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160323488264&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F160323488264%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2773.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D160323488264%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_naf%3D1%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I submitted an offer for $3 which includes shipping :-)

Keep in mind that you may want to purchase souvenirs as well as possible drinks while on the excursions as well as tip the staff. Cash works best for small purchases. I try to carrysmall bills, ones and fives so getting change is not an issue. a zip lock bag will keep your cash dry . . . the snorkel boat will be perfectly safe. On land excursions the driver typically stays with the bus/van so you can leave some things on it.

Backpack is the way to go.

Archived