Docking Civitavecchia 4am - Earliest flight time from FCO?

hightownCO

Need some cruisers experience. With a 4am docking time, what is the earliest you'd consider flying out of FCO? I realize that passengers may not be allowed to disembark for a couple of hours after docking. I'll ask Princess too if I book but may put a flight on hold. It leaves FCO at 10am. Too early for comfort?

Also, I've gotten lots of advise re layover time from Int'l to domestic but...specifically for JFK, would you chancee 1:45 minute layover time if you have carry on only?

THANKS!

JFK: assuming your flight lands and disembarks on time and assuming you do not have to change terminals and assuming you already have your boarding pass and assuming immigration, customs and security and not backed-up and assuming there is not a security alert, you should make your connection.

If you get off the ship early, you should be able to make it to FCO in time for your flight. There are many posts here in this and the Europe/Med forum on timing from the port to FCO. Do a search and decide.

My advice (worth exactly what you paid for it):

I would not do a 1:30 connection in JFK international to domestic.

I would leave Rome a week or so after the cruise, so I can't really comment

on rushing from ship to plane.

Thanks ab0si. I did get my answer over on the Princess board.

It would be crazy to think about making a 10am flight out of FCO.

An I think the JFK connection is too short too.

No need for add'l answers but thanks anyway.

Many will tell you otherwise, but a 10:00 flight out of FCO is very doable with private transport, especially if you are arriving at 4:00 AM. We've done this before and are doing so again in a few weeks. Rome truly is an amazing city. If you've not been there before I highly recommend spending at least a couple days there before or after your cruise. As far as the short layover at JFK, 1:45 is cutting it close but as you only have carry on you should be able to make it, provided your flight is on time and the lines at customs aren't outrageously long - tough call. Have a wonderful time !

Archived