HMC v. Key West

Regguy

We're debating between the two Fascination itineraries. We're already leaning toward the HMC itinerary, because it arrives at Nassau earlier, and we want to do a full day at Atlantis.

I've kind of always wanted to see the Florida keys, and we tend to have a bit more fun doing active stuff and walking around and seeing new places where people actually live, instead of resorts. That said, we will be travelling as a family with two children. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There is no comparison between Key West and HMC.

HMC is truly heaven on earth, you will find no other place in the Caribbean with such unspoiled beauty. The family will be able to enjoy the beach, and you can enjoy the many water activities.

HMC has something for everyone.

I agree with Typhoon. As much as I love Key West, it is very different, shopping, walking around, museums than Half Moon Cay which is very beautiful and there are lots of activities to do. I saw some passengers horse back riding in the water down the beach and wish I'd done that excursion. :) Here's a photo of HMC. We rented a cabana...it was well worth the $$ ($225 for 4 ppl).

IMG_0454.jpg

Specifically booked Fascination for last December just to return to HMC for my 3rd visit.

And I'm not even a "beach" person! It is truly an island paradise.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can do a B2B with the Key West & HMC itineraries in about a year. :D

We love our land vacations to Key West but for a cruise ship stop Half Moon Cay wins hands down. Absolutely beautiful ! SIL was concerned with our stop at HMC thinking he would be bored after a couple hours. Nothing was further from the truth as he loved the island and wished we'd gotten to stay several days :)

Archived