Vancouver Airport to Port

Sorry if this is a duplicate port. Could you advise me on the best and most economical way to get from Vancouver Airport to the Cruise Terminal and length of time.

The most economical way is by Transit but you must be able to handle your own luggage, it does require you to make a transfer and is a bit awkward. The next is via the Airporter and lastly but the quickest is by cab which is about 35 mins and $35. I am assuming you are going on a Princess ship and they use Canada Place because neither transit or the Airporter will work for Ballantyne Pier. Have a great time!:)

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning&.s={$SID}

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

Sorry if this is a duplicate port. Could you advise me on the best and most economical way to get from Vancouver Airport to the Cruise Terminal and length of time.

Depending on when you are sailing, the new Canada Line train may be up and running. Supposedly you can travel direct from the airport to Downtown without having to change...

I'm sure PD has more info - I only just caught it on the news the other day. I can't wait for it to really happen!

All I know about the new Canada Line from YVR to Waterfront station is what everyone else has seen and read...the politicians say it will be up and running right after Labour Day.

But to anyone arriving at YVR and expecting to be at Canada Place before a 3:30pm cut off for a 5pm sailing, you best take a cab and even at that you are pushing the envelope....if your palne is a bit late or if there is a delay at customs or one of your bags goes missing, well good luck.

We are arriving late the night before our cruise and are using Vancouver Shuttle & Charter. If you look at their site, the do pick-ups from the airport as well. Go to the schedule page on the website and scroll to the bottom to find instructions for YVR arrivals. It costs $13 per person, and they seem to run all day.

I inquired via email about our hotel, time, and dates, and they called within 10 mins of my sending the email. They seemed very professional, and were definitely prompt.

I looked at the Airporter schedule, and it seems the first pickup at the airport is after 2pm, getting you "across the street" from the cruise terminal at 3:07. That's cutting it a bit close!

I believe that there is an earlier pick up than that. I am attaching the airporter schedule to this post. Unless I am not reading it right, I believe the first pick up at the airport is at 0820 hrs from the international terminal.

Schedule2009.pdf

If one decides to try the new Sky Train, what would be the most convenient hotel downtown to book?

So far, I am considering the Fairmont Waterfront or Pan Pacific, but will consider others if it is convenient.

We sail on Sept.18 from Ballantyne, on the Milliennium.

Those two are across the street from each other so it doesn't really matter - the Four Seasons is part of the Pacific Center shopping complex and there will be a stop there - the Opus in Yaletown - very upscale is on a stop on the line - probably will be called Yaletown station.

The Hyatt while not on this line could be accessed by either walking a couple of blocks or changing trains and getting off at Burrard Station.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis for your info. I hope the Canada Line is operational for our Sept.16th arrival.

I think that the Fairmont Waterfront would be the easiest for us, with the underground tunnel right from the station? Next choices would be the Pan Pacific and the Four Seasons. My son stayed at the Opus and he said it was really nice as well.

The Winter Olympics should be a great event, and I know Vancouver will be ready.

Thanks Dennis for your info. I hope the Canada Line is operational for our Sept.16th arrival.

I think that the Fairmont Waterfront would be the easiest for us, with the underground tunnel right from the station? Next choices would be the Pan Pacific and the Four Seasons. My son stayed at the Opus and he said it was really nice as well.

The Winter Olympics should be a great event, and I know Vancouver will be ready.

The CanadaLine Skytrain (subway) from YVR to downtown Vancouver should be open "by Labour Day".

This map should help give you an idea of where the stations are downtown core (new YVR airport line in Red)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.000467645fcda21dd87b2&ll=49.280068,-123.104038&spn=0.031076,0.090981&z=14

The Pan Pacific, and Fairmont are right at Waterfront station, and the Opus right at Yaletown/Roundhouse station

However, RCCL/Celebrity use Ballantyne pier which is 1.5 miles east of the main downtown pier (Canada Place). A 10-13$ taxi ride is the easiest way of getting to Ballantyne.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here is the link to the airporter. We are flying in from SFO on Air Canada. Can anybody tell me if it will land in the international terminal or the Domestic terminal. Thank you

You'll land in the US wing of the International portion of the terminal (it's all one big terminal building). Likely a gate between E77-E82

Thanks Scottbee for the information. One other thing do you need to go down stairs for your luggage then to customs then do you have to go upstairs again to catch the airporter or is it right out side of the door at the luggage claim. Thanks again for everyone help.

Delores

Archived