Checking on cruise prices

Pink Lady

I've always wondered this ......when you go to several different cruise agencies to check on prices for a specific cruise, can they tell you've been to their site many times if you don't proceed with a booking ? :confused:

Guess you can figure out I'm not especially computer savvy :o I've also wondered if frequent checking on a specific cruise will keep the agency or cruise line from dropping prices ?

Sorry if these questions seem a little "dopey" to some.

Thanks for any thoughts :)

I've always wondered this ......when you go to several different cruise agencies to check on prices for a specific cruise, can they tell you've been to their site many times if you don't proceed with a booking ? :confused:

Guess you can figure out I'm not especially computer savvy :o I've also wondered if frequent checking on a specific cruise will keep the agency or cruise line from dropping prices ?

I know that Carnival.com knows I've been there, but I'm usually signed in. (It states at the top of the page the last criuse I looked at.) But, I'm pretty sure if you haven't registered with the site they probably don't know how many times you have looked.

If you sign into the site, they can definitely keep track of your visits. Remember, if you registered with a site in the past, you may have checked a box to automatically sign in in the future.

Even if you did none of this, the site could place a cookie on your computer to keep track of visits.

However many times you visit to check pricing, if the cruiseline drops the price, it is there for everyone...unless it is a special for new bookings only. But each cruiseline has their own policies For Carnival the new "rule" is they won't reduce the cost once booked. On other lines, you might continue to get a credit if the price drops before cruising date.

If you sign in with a registered name, then yes, they will "know' you have visited and where.

Technically even if you DON'T log in any site they can still identify you thru your IP address. Many people think the WEB is anonymous, the trueth is your IP provider can track and as I mentioned you have a uique IP address that any web site can track. Also if you enable cookies and don't clear them that offers another way to track regardless.

BTW I doubt that pricing is related to how often you visit. Pricing delta is possible based on your frequent cruise status and to track you'd likely have to log on.

Happy shopping

In fact I think just the opposite would be the case. If a cruiseline has numerous hits on a particular cruise, BUT no bookings are forthcoming from the hits they are more likely to lower the rate. Which I think is what you are really asking here.

Archived