Renting Flowrider

Cindy,

he´s talking about renting the flowrider for a private session for one hour.

THis can be done for I think up to 8 people. The group will have the flowrider all for themselves then.

I don´t know the cost though.

We were on IOTS and had a private lesson for DS. I think the cost was $75 for the hour and there had to be a minimum of 6 people to go ahead. For our timeslot there were only 4 people but they decided to go ahead anyway. DS had a blast and this was well worth the cost. The girls that gave the lesson were great - patient and well humored. By the end DS was whupped and had a huge grin on his face for the rest of the trip. We tipped the girls $20 each for their efforts.

We were on IOTS and had a private lesson for DS. I think the cost was $75 for the hour and there had to be a minimum of 6 people to go ahead. For our timeslot there were only 4 people but they decided to go ahead anyway. DS had a blast and this was well worth the cost. The girls that gave the lesson were great - patient and well humored. By the end DS was whupped and had a huge grin on his face for the rest of the trip. We tipped the girls $20 each for their efforts.

I wasn´t sure but seemed to remember Chris(cruiserccl) mentioned something about $300/hour. With 4 people @ $75 that seems to be right then.

Two ways you can rent it. $300 and you have it all to yourself, or you can sign up on a slot, our slot had 6 people and it was $60 per person.

Sounds like a plan. I'm renting it for an hour for my family of 4. Planned on it being $300. Going to use the OBC I earned with my VISA card.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

If you have the means the less you rent it with the better.. we had six when we did it and i still thought that was too many.. 3 or 4 is ideal.. That hour goes by very fast

It may go by fast...but unlike my kids, I'll feel it for a long time afterwards :o

Sounds like a plan. I'm renting it for an hour for my family of 4. Planned on it being $300. Going to use the OBC I earned with my VISA card.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

We just rented the flowrider on the Liberty on our April 4th cruise. It was $300. My husband and 2 sons used it the most but me and my 2 daughters did give it a shot.

My husband and boys had the time of their life! They were able to ride 3 at a time (which you can't do during the regular hours). They goofed around and just had a blast. We had two instructors for that hour and they were instructing them on different things to try. I tipped both of the instructors at the end.

DSC00355-1.jpg

My husband did make a comment about how tired he was when it was done. He said it was almost nice during the regular time to have to wait in line as it gave you time to rest.

One thing to remember: make your reservation early! The good time slots fill up fast!

Not only do the "good" time slots fill up quickly but on our recent cruise (yes, it was spring break) Every time slot was sold out by the end of the first night onboard - we walked to the promenade before the ship even sailed and there was a very long line at the Flowrider desk that they had set up - by day three even the private lessons had filled up! If this is something you really want to do - I suggest booking it at the first opportunity they open for reservations during the busy vacation times!

Do you have to reserve flow rider if you want to try it during the day sometime or do you wait in a line?

You just wait in line.

The compass will tell you the hours it is open. They have certain times for boogie boarding and certain times for stand up.

Readytolose, great photo!

Thanks for the info. We'll most likely rent it once at the beginning to get a feel for it, and then at the end to get the most out of it. We'll rent both times right away so we won't miss out. June 21st is right around the corner.

Oakley2414, I'm trying to get in shape now so I won't pay the price later. Doing extra pull-up workouts for the rock climbing wall also.

• 1 month later...
So they have a table set up to sign up, I assume it is near the flowrider itself ?

Do they have it going at boarding on Sunday at all ?

David:D

There isn't a table. You just go to the area where you sign the consent form to use the flowrider and ask to sign up for your private session. It is all done right in the same area. You can do it right away on the day you board. I suggest that so you can get a good time slot.

We had 5 adults when we rented it for an hour and we were all exhausted after the hour. But we had a blast!!!

We're really looking forward to Flowrider. I'm planning on renting it for the 4 of us in my family early on, but may also rent it one more hour later in the cruise. Hopefully I won't go though my OBC too quickly. :)

A bunch of us from the roll call are getting together to share it. There are three levels of experience I think. One of our memebers is keeping track of who wants to do it and then when it gets close, one of us will sign up and go from there. We only have 2 sons so this works out good for us.

A bunch of us from the roll call are getting together to share it. There are three levels of experience I think. One of our memebers is keeping track of who wants to do it and then when it gets close, one of us will sign up and go from there. We only have 2 sons so this works out good for us.

What are your sons ages? I have a 13 yr. old son and a 15 yr. old daughter.

Archived