Deck 9 on Monarch of the Seas

Sorry if this is not where it's supposed to be. First time poster and cruiser. Can anyone say if this deck is okay? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

I think you'll have to elaborate...okay in what way? Cabins? Noise? what type of cabin are you looking at? What do you want to know specifically - you'll get better answers.

Sorry if this is not where it's supposed to be. First time poster and cruiser. Can anyone say if this deck is okay? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

I'm guessing you are reffering to RCCL stating that all rooms on this deck have obstructed views.

What I can tell you is that you have a decent size window, bigger than a port hole but much smaller than a window in your house.

The obstruction is not actually a true obstruction. What they mean is when you look out that window you will see the very top of the lifeboats that are stationed on one deck down.

If you check out youtube there is a really good recent video a guy made in which he shows you the layout of his deck 9 cabin. His video is from the Majesty of the seas but the cabins will be laid out the exact same as the Monarch that you will be on.

If you want to stay in the ocean view category I would stick with your deck 9 choice as you will have just a little more room in there to move around.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Deck 9, Commodore Deck on the Monarch has the superior ocean view cabins which are larger and have a small sofa in the room. The view from the windows have a partial obstruction from the lifeboats one deck below, however we did not find this much of an issue from our cabin, 9044.

This is a rather nice deck as the spa is on the same level and the Theater is only two levels down via the aft stairs. The Windjammer is forward and two decks up; great for getting that quick cup of coffee on occasion.

Have a great cruise

Archived