Is there a limit on luggage per person?

Ldyandrea

My co-worker is taking a Carnival cruise with her hubby in just a couple of weeks, and they seemed to think they saw something regarding a limit of 2 pieces of luggage per person on their tickets. I didn't think that was the case, but I haven't sailed Carnival in some time. Could some knowledgeable person fill me in on this?

Thanks!

My co-worker is taking a Carnival cruise with her hubby in just a couple of weeks, and they seemed to think they saw something regarding a limit of 2 pieces of luggage per person on their tickets. I didn't think that was the case, but I haven't sailed Carnival in some time. Could some knowledgeable person fill me in on this?

Thanks!

We have always taken a carry-on apiece, a suitcase each, and a hanging suit bag between us. Never had a problem. Also they don't weigh them so how would they know if you went over 50 lbs. You check your luggage at the curb outside and the porters are happy as long as you tip them per bag. Also, we carry a fold up suitcase with us to pack our souveniers and other purchases in.

All that being said we are trying to cut back on luggage this cruise only because we self-debark and are trying to cut down on the amount of stuff we have to lug around when we get off.

they say 2 per person and certain sizes, on the website, but there is no way to know how many peices of luggage each person brought, the luggage handlers at the dock stack as many as they can on the dollies and take them away, next time you see your luggage will be outside your cabin door and the stewards that put them at your door do not know how many people are staying in each cabin.

There are suggestions on the website, but in reality no limit other than what you can conveniently lug around and conveniently store in the Staterooms. The luggage you choose to carry-on must fit thru the ship's x-ray scanner openings. ken

Don't forget, however many pieces you take on ship, you will also have to store somewhere in cabin once you empty them. Some can be stowed under bed(s). Once emptied, I use one to store items I do not need any more or don't need to use very often, eg. old Capers, water shoes, port maps, souveniers, etc. It really helps to keep clutter down to a minimum! For four of us, we take one large suitcase and 4 rolling carry-ons for 7 day cruise plus 3 or 4 days pre-and post-cruise. Next time we are doing a 4 day cruise plus one day pre-cruise. Hope to get away with only 4 rolling carry-ons. Wish us luck!:)

The luggage regulations are very flexible. As far as weight goes we were at 55 lbs each on our 3 checked bags prior to adding about 6 liters of boooze to them also had 2 carry ons and a garment bag so. As long as the bag isnt back breaking or you dont have more than 3 each you are fine

It's really when you're flying to your cruise port that you need to be concerned with the number of pieces of luggage and the weight. We fly South West and they have one of the most generous luggae allowances available today.

Another issue is this: if you want to self-disembark, you've got to be able to handle your luggage.

Don't forget, however many pieces you take on ship, you will also have to store somewhere in cabin once you empty them. Some can be stowed under bed(s). Once emptied, I use one to store items I do not need any more or don't need to use very often, eg. old Capers, water shoes, port maps, souveniers, etc. It really helps to keep clutter down to a minimum! For four of us, we take one large suitcase and 4 rolling carry-ons for 7 day cruise plus 3 or 4 days pre-and post-cruise. Next time we are doing a 4 day cruise plus one day pre-cruise. Hope to get away with only 4 rolling carry-ons. Wish us luck!:)

I never thought to do this! Thanks for the idea!

I never thought to do this! Thanks for the idea!

When I board, the porter will have handled 1 suitcase for me. When I disembark, the porter will have handled 2 suitcases for me.

When I pack to go on a cruise, because I like to shop for gifts and such, as well as does the rest of my family that cruise with me, I snuggle a suitcase inside of another suitcase. Since I my luggage is a set, the large piece can hold each of the other 2 smaller pieces quite easily. I only use the large and medium pieces. The medium is where all of my clothes are actually packed, except for a pair or2 of shoes. Then the medium piece along with my shoes are placed in the larger suitcase.

Now, as I get gifts and such I can just place them in the larger piece and do not have all these extra bags and such to carry around when I am leaving the ship.

Just how I do it.

I remember a post where someone saw a woman with 10 pieces of luggage, just for herself.

I remember reading on the RCCL thread and seeing pictures of the person who had about 10 pieces of luggage just for herself. They were being loaded in a pick up truck.

I don't know if is the same post, but I too remember reading it and seeing pictures and do know it was on RCCL.

Archived