Ship's Tour

Lady_Jag

I noticed in the Capers that other people have posted for the Carnival Glory that there is a tour of the ship offered on Embarkation day.

So I'm curious - has anyone been on the Carnival ship tour, and if so, was it neat or boring?

The idea of the ship's tour is to familiarize you with the locations of the restaurants, lounges, activity areas and such on the ship.

It's not a 'behind the scenes' tour but it is a good idea if you've never sailed on that class of vessel before.

Also, you'll be able to grab a little tri-fold profile of the ship showing relative locations of most of the hot spots on the ship.

:)

Also, you'll be able to grab a little tri-fold profile of the ship showing relative locations of most of the hot spots on the ship.

I was given one of those at check in the other week. There were also CCL crew dotted around the ship with stacks of them on the first day.

The idea of the ship's tour is to familiarize you with the locations of the restaurants, lounges, activity areas and such on the ship.

It's not a 'behind the scenes' tour but it is a good idea if you've never sailed on that class of vessel before.

When we first made Platinum (on the Ecstasy) they offered us a tour of the galley (kind of a perk of the Platinum status), I know it was mentioned in other blogs, but other tours would be cool as well.

I was given one of those at check in the other week. There were also CCL crew dotted around the ship with stacks of them on the first day.

Were the staff on the ship dressed in those red t-shirts with 'ASK ME' on the front and back?

I thought that was a great idea! Made 'em easy to spot and approachable!!

When we first made Platinum (on the Ecstasy) they offered us a tour of the galley (kind of a perk of the Platinum status), I know it was mentioned in other blogs, but other tours would be cool as well.

Galley tours still happen. Bridge tours and engine room tours, or any other 'working spaces' are off limits due to security. Much clout is needed to even get a bridge tour.

Were the staff on the ship dressed in those red t-shirts with 'ASK ME' on the front and back?

I thought that was a great idea! Made 'em easy to spot and approachable!!

I guess I was too excited on our first cruise to notice anyone with an "ask me" T-shirt on lol. We got our tri-fold of victory at the pursars desk on the 2nd or 3rd day. I only picked it up as a something to save for future reference as I had already figured out the ship by then.

We did the tour on our first cruise and the plan is to do it again for the upcoming cruise. I think it's a great opportunity to see where everything is and enter for some prizes (my mother won a free spa treatment). It really got me into the cruise mood, seeing all that the ship has to offer and some easy ways to get around!

Megan

Archived