need quick help

pizzalady1

HELP-HELP-HELP

Our June 13 cruise has been booked and plans have been confirmed for all our independent excursions since last year. Our plans included a day + in Seward and two days in Denali. Now we have just learned that my husband will have to have colon surgery to remove a pre-cancerous polyp and we will be unable to go on this long planned and awaited trip.

However, after mega hours on the web and many telephone calls, it appears that we can rebook for August 22 (including my coveted Sapphire Princess E731 mini, Ketchikan Taxi Cab Tours, Harv & Marv with brother-in-law Steve and Dyea Dave). I can even book all of the same hotels with the exception of one night in Seward.

I don't have a lot of time to research Alaska in August, and I am not thinking very clearly now, so please help me out--should we go for the August timeframe or wait until 2010? It seems kind of preordained that everything was rebookable. Will we miss out on any activities that are available in June but not August? Will we pick up any activities that are available in August but not June?

What do you all think? All comments will be appreciated.

Princess allowing you to easily rebook in August may be thanks to the soft travel market. It may not be so easy if you hold off until next year. I would go for August to celebrate getting past the medical stuff. Also, can you really stand another year of waiting and anticipation???

I can not say which time of year would be the better time to go. All I can do is agree with everyone else. As you just found out, anything can happen. You can't be sure that if you rebook for next year you will still be able to go. I say go while you can and while the prices are where they are. You had no problems rebooking everything. Take it and run!

The best of luck on your husband's procedure and a quick recovery.

Late August/early Sept. is our favorite time to go.............in Ketchikan be sure to walk back to the creek. It will be red with salmon. You will have more opportunities to see bears as well.

Go, enjoy...........and be thankful you can!;)

Thanks for your help in this decision. I already changed my ticker, and it killed me move the ship back two more months. I feel fortunate that I was able to replicate all my hard work. Actually, this new date is saving me about $1600 and hopefully, trip insurance will cover the loses from the June date. :):D Now we just have to get through the hard medical stuff. :(:(:(

Thanks for your help in this decision. I already changed my ticker, and it killed me move the ship back two more months. I feel fortunate that I was able to replicate all my hard work. Actually, this new date is saving me about $1600 and hopefully, trip insurance will cover the loses from the June date. :):D Now we just have to get through the hard medical stuff. :(:(:(

I am so glad things are working out for you. Have a wonderful time in Alaska!!! I wish your husband well.

First & foremost, good luck to your husband. Secondly, if you are close to Anchorage, is this not the time for the Alaska State Fair? We fly in on Sept 5 & that is the final weekend. We won't have the time, but it would be interesting to see, if nothing else, the giant vegetables. Have fun whenever you go & good luck again.

Go in August and have a wonderful time. Sounds like it was meant to be.

Best wishes to your husband for a successful procedure and a very quick recovery. This trip will be a celebration for both of you.

We went around this time and saw an entire pod of whales (100's) on their migration. Look for large groups of little birds on the water hovering low - underneath these birds are whales - we had quite the show. Everyone was running around the ship since there were two lead whales jumping out of the water with the entire pod following. We felt like we were in a National Geographic movie. Also in August the mosquitos are gone so that is big +. Good luck to your husband on his recovery.

Archived