Canon SD790 IS

Becca76

Does anyone have any information on this camera? I'm looking for a good, easy to use Point and shoot in the 200 price range that has a houseing for underwater too.

This camera seems to be rated well.

I would love anyone's opinions here.

Thanks

All of the Canon SD series cameras are good cameras. I have an SD800is and a matching waterproof housing for it and am very pleased with its performance. I am embarrassed to say that I have never used it underwater, but in the rain while riding in the back of a truck, it worked like a champ. The Canon housings are expensive but provide you with complete access to all controls. Very well designed.

Dave

Does anyone have any information on this camera? I'm looking for a good, easy to use Point and shoot in the 200 price range that has a houseing for underwater too.

Thanks

Here is a recent review: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SD790IS/SD790ISA.HTM

Be sure to check it outpersonally as the widest it goes on the zoom is 35mm which is a bit on the longer side of someother Canon's. Having a wide angle of 28 or lower is a nice feature, 35mm is probably just enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I have the SD-750. I got fantastic results from it on our last cruise. And.....if I ever learn how to you all of it's features, I should get even better results.

Archived