Amerisuites Shuttle to Port Everglades?

amy hood

Traveling party consits of 2 sensiors ciitzens, 3 parents from 44-39, and 2 teens age 13. Staying at the Amerisuites on 17th street.

When does the shuttle start?

How much is cab fare to port everglades?

I am leaning toward taking a cab because it may be faster than waitng for a shuttle to load and unload.:D

Thanks,

Amy

Thanks Bequia! We have inthe past taken one when we stayed at the Embassy Suites. I just couldn't remember. I don't like the crowds and the waiting time of a shuttle. The fewer the better for me. As you can see I have quite a crowd with me.:)

Thanks again,

amy

We stayed at the Amerisuites last Feb and besides the shuttle there was a guy that stopped by w/a van and a u-haul attached and took 6 of us w/all the luggage for $3/person. Way faster than the shuttle since everyone was lined up.

Debbie

I too suggest you be outside and ready about 10 a.m. Just ask the driver when he is going to your cruise ship and explain how many are in your party. It can get chaotic down in the waiting area, but just make sure your entire group is there at the same time. People in groups wondering down and in front of others who have been waiting their turn, really upset travelers!

Taxi's are often hard to get at Amerisuites as it is off of the main road and not in a highly traveled area.

Bon Voyage

I used the Amerisuites shuttle last year. Many cruisers use this hotel, so there can be a wait. We waited about 45 minutes and considered taking a cab, but they were able to fit the two of us in.

We ended up with a cab on the way back (we had parked our car there), since we had a 13 hour drive ahead of us that day. We weren't in the mood to wait around for the shuttle.

We were there on the 12th and our party of 8 used one of the first shuttles to the pier. If you don't like crowds believe me, take a cab. We were down there waiting for about 20 mins with only 2 other couples. When the shuttle pulled up people started coming from all directions trying to get on ahead of all of us that had been outside waiting. We basically had to be a bit more aggressive than usual to get everyone on. My dh says I can definitely be a mighty mouse when I need to be:D . I had asked at the front desk about cabs and they said they would gladly call two for us but we thought we'd try using the shuttle since there was no one waiting ahead of us. It worked out fine for us but if I did it again I would just go with the cab and, I'd probably ask for them to pick me up at the Mexican restaurant across the parking lot so nobody scooped the cab ahead of us. :)

Since we have two elderly ladies ( one who falls frequently but thankfully hasn't broken any thing)with us I might just call for cabs. My Mom really doesn't like to spend more money when she can take a shuttle for free but I am afraid of the crush of people when the shuttle comes. In the past I thought that you had to sign up to take the shuttle or am I thinking about a different hotel like the Embassy Suites.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

We were there in October and use the shuttle. Went down to the lobby around 9:30 and were the only two there so we hoped on the shuttle and he took us straight to the ship without any waiting our anyone else on the shuttle. Not that we weren't prepared to wait a little while or take a cab if needed.

Archived