Port of LA hotel confusion

Jane T

I'm trying to figure out where to stay before our cruise (which is only 8 weeks away!!!) and I'm getting confused. We will be driving down from the San Francisco area. When I look up some recommended hotels that have a shuttle to the port and will let me park my car at the hotel, I see comments about how the area is not safe. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in a better area that will let me leave my car? We don't need to have near by restaurants or things to do since we will have our car. Thanks for any help. :confused:

I'm trying to figure out where to stay before our cruise (which is only 8 weeks away!!!) and I'm getting confused. We will be driving down from the San Francisco area. When I look up some recommended hotels that have a shuttle to the port and will let me park my car at the hotel, I see comments about how the area is not safe. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in a better area that will let me leave my car? We don't need to have near by restaurants or things to do since we will have our car. Thanks for any help. :confused:

What cruise line? are you sailing out of San Pedro or Longbeach?

Both Crowne Plaza and Doubletree are perfect and safe for the area, with your car.

Crowne Plaza is good if you are going to either Port of LA or Long Beach.

click here for pics and info on the hotel:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

Doubletree is perfect is you are going to Port of LA only.

click here for pics and info on the hotel:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602015

Either one is perfectly fine, and safe to leave your car.

I looked at your posting history and I can see you're going with Zef, Nicki and the others on the Mariner in June (I started posting on that thread because I met the initiator of that thread on my last cruise).

You're leaving from the Port of LA, which is in San Pedro. So the hotels mentioned in Curt's post will work fine. You can also stay in Santa Monica if you can find a hotel in your price range (there are many threads discussing hotels there), and then park in the port parking lot (which is safe, about $12/day, and right near the berths).

Archived