1st Oceania 1st R-ship, cabin choice?

castoff50

I personally would prefer 6024/29 over 6000/01. Those forward facing balconies can be very windy when underway. Thruster vibration and anchor chain noise is probably more pronounced farther forward also.

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't think about the wind in the forward facing cabins. I did change my cabin to midship but I couldn't find a QUICK way to check availability. Navigating the Oceania site was confusing to me.

Hey, castoff50, you are the first fellow Cincinnatian I have encountered on this board since I joined cruisecritic last summer. :)

We simply loved our first-ever cruise in September on Nautica, Istanbul to Athens, and we are taking our second cruise in June, Athens to Rome. You can read my lengthy review on the cruise review section under Nautica.

The ship size was great for us, never any lines to disembark at a port or to have dinner; super port-intensive itineraries; country club casual and dining whenever we wanted; excellent service and food; and, finally, a very interesting group of fellow cruisers.

No, there is no way to get a deck plan showing available cabins.

When I get to page that shows the 10 or so cabins available, I enter a cabin number in the box: "Looking for a specific stateroom?" Since I have already looked at the deck plan at a different page, I know which cabin I want to check for availability.

You can do this for any number of cabins/staterooms after clicking "RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS STEP".

Don

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Things I've learned: Have a deck plan in front of you when you start making your reservation. Don't select one of the cabins listed unless you really want it. No matter how hard you try, you cannot change your cabin number on the internet, you have to call. Lastly, I'm a little slow but with the help of CC I can find the answers!

Looking at Nautica, veranda cabin, deck 6. Forward cabins 6000 and 6001 and 6024-29 are available. Any thoughts? BTW We are cruising 5/14 2010 Athens to Barcelona. Very excited!!!

6004, 6005, 7006 and 7007 are the best for size and value. 216 square feet, but no veranda.

Archived