travel knits in Mediterranean

chloes nana

I am planning and packing for our 8/27 Mediterranean cruise (20 days) I know it will be in the 80's at least. Has anyone ever worn slinky travelers knits like Chico's travelers, Citiknits or Vikki Vi in Rome and the Mediterranean? will they be too hot? any suggestions would be wonderful! I just figure these will pack with no wrinkles and mix and match. also can dress up or down for churches to ruins. But I don't want to cook either!:D

I've always found the slinky knits to be warm and wouldn't be wearing them in really warm weather. I find that cottons (even cotton/poly blends) and natural fibres are a lot cooler and I am much more comfortable. Your mileage may vary.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I would roast in travel knit anything during the summer heat. You could take them for evening wear, casual nights are perfect for travel knit clothing.

If I were you, I'd opt for a lighter weight fabric for day wear, layering a tank with a short sleeved shirt and capris or long lightweight cotton or linen pants for churches and such. Skirts or sundresses would be nice, again with a light cover for entrance to churches.

Make sure you wear shoes that can be comfortable to walk over uneven surfaces and you don't mind a bit dirty.

I agree with the posts above -- I wore a Chico's outfit to Monte Carlo, and was sticky and uncomfortable. I like wicking fabrics like Cool-Max over cotton in really hot weather. The travel knits are great for evenings on the ship, though.

I wore chico's knits a lot on our land trip, but, it was the shell or short sleeved shirt and the capris, not the long pants....loved it, they washed easily, didn't crease! I think full pants might be too much, keep your eye out for the capris. I also took a few of Chico's silk tops, those blousy one's to wear over the capris if I wanted something a little dressier.

I wore chico's knits a lot on our land trip, but, it was the shell or short sleeved shirt and the capris, not the long pants....loved it, they washed easily, didn't crease! I think full pants might be too much, keep your eye out for the capris. I also took a few of Chico's silk tops, those blousy one's to wear over the capris if I wanted something a little dressier.

that is what I was looking at using, all capris, skirts and tank tops with some jackets and a wrap for the holy places. will that be appropriate for the churches and museums? I was just thinking they were looser fitting and more "airy" than a pair or denim or twill capris? :confused:

that is what I was looking at using, all capris, skirts and tank tops with some jackets and a wrap for the holy places. will that be appropriate for the churches and museums? I was just thinking they were looser fitting and more "airy" than a pair or denim or twill capris? :confused:

I think they'd be perfect. I lived in mine. I had the skirt and top in Chocolate and the capris with a couple of different tops in Black. With about 5 of the silk tops. I also took a long pair of pants in the chocolate and black, made tons of outfits.

From my experience travel knits while they may be fine on the air conditioned ship will be terribly hot for ports. Rome especially can be very hot. Pack lots of light easy care cotton and by all means leave the wrinkly linen at home! If you go to St Paul de Vence(Caan) there is a wonderful little shop that sells only white cotton outfits...it is lovely.

Archived