hump cabins on Royal Caribbean

Dlynn

We are going on the Independence. I booked a promenade cabin and a balcony. I want to know if my balcony has a view all the way forward and back. We just got off the Mariner and we were right before the hump and could only see forward. We have stayed right in the middle of the hump before and had great views. When looking at the rooms on the hump how many have views forward and back? If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank You!

All of the balconies have full views---you may not be able to see the actual bow of the ship (or aft hull--depending on which side of the "hump" you're on) but you will be able to see all you need to--after all, you're not steering the ship! We were at the back of the hump once, and had no feeling of "obstruction" at all. The view was great and wide.

There are 8 E 1 cabins on each hump side of the three decks with Promenade cabins. I am presuming you will be on the same deck since you did not indicate which deck. The two middle cabins on the hump will have full fore and aft views. The views diminish as you round the hump. Since you have already sailed in a hump cabin I am sure you can position the cabin you have booked accordingly. Simply put the middle of each hump will have the best views - fore and aft.

We were in cabin 9618 on the Explorer of the seas - center of the hump and it did afford full views both forward and aft. Going forward or aft on the hump will definitely impact your view one way or the other if that is an issue for you. I believe that balcony size can be impacted if you are at the first or last hump cabin. I thought I remember that issue coming into play but maybe others can confirm that.

Thanks for the information. I will try to book right in the middle of the hump. I want to keep our room as close to the promenade rooms as possible but I also want to have views all the way forward and back.

Archived