what's with all the...

sixgun8

I agree it does ebb and flow, it just seems there are so many lately. I almost get the idea that some of the complainers are either just here to anti-market or just push buttons.

...or voice their opinion about something they weren't satisifed with. That's OK, right?

whining and complaining about the cruises lately. I mean, I've been on one cruise and we had a wonderful time, but to be honest, we just feel so lucky that we can actually afford to cruise(even though we pinch, scrimp and save to do so) when so many are just fighting to keep their head above water. It's a luxury, not a right to go on a cruise to begin with, so basically either stay home and enjoy your life there or just relax and calm down and enjoy your cruise instead of complaining about the miniscule amounts of things that went wrong.

Because their cruise is over and they had to get off the ship? :D

Thanks for the kind words, Trplnckl. I think one of the greatest gifts we can give our children is to teach them how to deal with disappointment. Disappointment is a fact of life. If we can teach our kids how to turn a negative into a positive, they will be happier, well-rounded adults, uh--cruisers. :-)

You must not be listening to the PC Crowd. They say that ANYthing negative will damage a childs self esteem and therefore damage that child for life. How can you prepare your children for real life if you allow them to be exposed to negative things.:confused:

I sometimes wonder how we all lived this long with all the disappointments and negatives in our childhood.

Oh well, pass me another DOD and have fun.:D

I almost get the idea that some of the complainers are either just here to anti-market or just push buttons.

This weekend, I voiced concern with respect to the perfuntory attitude of the entertainment and wait staff on the Conquest. I didn't do it to "ant-market" or "push buttons".

I took the time to post my concerns because I care about the line and its product. I have hopes that Carnival monitors these boards and will take corrective action if its sees a consensus on an issue.

I would enjoy my experience on cruise critic more if, from time to time, I was permittted to be a "critic", without having people question my motives, attiude, or mental state.

whining and complaining about the cruises lately. I mean, I've been on one cruise and we had a wonderful time, but to be honest, we just feel so lucky that we can actually afford to cruise(even though we pinch, scrimp and save to do so) when so many are just fighting to keep their head above water. It's a luxury, not a right to go on a cruise to begin with, so basically either stay home and enjoy your life there or just relax and calm down and enjoy your cruise instead of complaining about the miniscule amounts of things that went wrong.

OMG! I agree with you sooooo much. I feel so blessed to even be ABLE to cruise. And then we have the folks on here complaining about NOT getting a mint on their pillow, or no towel animal. GEEZ....

With all the people in the US without jobs, I feel sooooo lucky to even be able to GO on vacation!

On my last cruise in March on the Pride I was looking around at all the people on the Lide deck thinking, "What the heck are all of you doing here? Don't you know there's a recession?" LOL It is wonderful to be able to cruise.

I don't mind when people complain on here. It is Cruise Critic, after all. Often those complaints are helpful. I read about so many people complaining that the water on the Pride wasn't good, so I brought my own water. (And I agree with them. The water on the Pride is pretty rank.) So complaints can be helpful.

My only problem is this: people need to read these forums before their cruise. Ive read complaints from people about things they could've easily found out about before their cruise if they'd just read the boards or asked the question. And going on the cruise knowing those things would've greatly improved their experience.

These boards really helped me before my first cruise. I wasn't caught off guard by anything. I'd read so much and studied the ship so well that when I boarded the Paradise, it felt like I'd been on her before.

Archived