Photos of Bermuda's new Heritage Wharf!!

bluesea777

Here they are - along with King's Wharf.

I went for a drive to Dockyard yesterday late afternoon to take a look around the place and to see the new Wharf. I hadn't been to Dockyard for about a year and saw some changes - for the better. They are doing good job in making the place to better accommodate the 2nd cruise ship which would double the number of passengers visiting Dockyard.

Makin' Waves in Hamilton opened a new store in Dockyard - bigger, and it is NOT inside the Clocktower mall but outside. There is a brand new Pharmacy next door to it - large too - selling daily needs plus there is a good selection of souvenirs. They sell 1.5 litre bottles of water for $1.80, and also they sell SD memory cards for cameras (and also cameras).

Now, back to the photos: when looking down the North Arm toward the sea from the entrance, the King's Wharf is the right arm and the new Heritage Wharf is the left arm. The latter's terminal is a lot larger (and higher) than the other.

Tip: don't pick a cabin mid-section of Dawn/Spirit!

I believe NCL got the cream of the deal by dibbing the new Heritage Wharf - it offers better sunset and general views from the ship while docked there.

NCL Spirit will christen the new Heritage Wharf this Wed 29th when she stops in Bermuda on her repo cruise. I'll be at work and may not see her.

359392362_NorthArmentrancefromDockyard.jpg.24c6fa655c9d2afa0b64261b8df42e56.jpg

1160698824_NewHeritageWharf1.jpg.1a457f322ecfec45fe84e1bc8412f084.jpg

804975106_ExistingKingsWharf1.jpg.d642b2576ad70ee1f5d4aef918e3e236.jpg

1456485079_NewHeritageWharf2.jpg.b7bd0d5dfe385cd445fec5ac476092cc.jpg

773970715_ExistingKingsWharf2.jpg.7dfdc5b7929533940a9e88307a8f7d57.jpg

Thanks for the photos..I saw them working on the new wharf when I was there in September, and its nice to see such progress! I will be docking next month on the Dawn, and appreciate having and advance look!

Why do you say this? We're planning to book the Spirit cruise in July, and we actually looked at midships balcony cabins.

Thanks for the great pictures! We were in Bermuda in October, and I'm amazed at what they've done at the dockyard.

Most Excellent Info! I've been searching and searching - it's like there was a gag order or something! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Our group is virtually all smack dab in in the 'middle' on deck 10. If the Spirit is docked starboard-inland did your comment "Tip: don't pick a cabin mid-section of Dawn/Spirit!" mean we'll all be looking into the terminal windows? We're hoping to be looking at the harbor and the Tall Ships and it's too late to do anything now... just wondering.

Thanks,

Clare

attachment.php?attachmentid=115132&stc=1&d=1240774450

temp.JPG.fe9be95206ae434d3dc4da2789573163.JPG

Why do you say this? We're planning to book the Spirit cruise in July, and we actually looked at midships balcony cabins.

Thanks for the great pictures! We were in Bermuda in October, and I'm amazed at what they've done at the dockyard.

Bluesea Why not a mid ship room???Thanks for the great pixs!

Well, the new terminal is big and tall ... but I hope you have the balcony cabins that are higher than the terminal!

I went for a drive to Dockyard yesterday late afternoon to take a look around the place and to see the new Wharf. I hadn't been to Dockyard for about a year and saw some changes - for the better. They are doing good job in making the place to better accommodate the 2nd cruise ship which would double the number of passengers visiting Dockyard.

Makin' Waves in Hamilton opened a new store in Dockyard - bigger, and it is NOT inside the Clocktower mall but outside. There is a brand new Pharmacy next door to it - large too - selling daily needs plus there is a good selection of souvenirs. They sell 1.5 litre bottles of water for $1.80, and also they sell SD memory cards for cameras (and also cameras).

Now, back to the photos: when looking down the North Arm toward the sea from the entrance, the King's Wharf is the right arm and the new Heritage Wharf is the left arm. The latter's terminal is a lot larger (and higher) than the other.

I believe NCL got the cream of the deal by dibbing the new Heritage Wharf - it offers better sunset and general views from the ship while docked there.

NCL Spirit will christen the new Heritage Wharf this Wed 29th when she stops in Bermuda on her repo cruise. I'll be at work and may not see her.

What exactly does this meen? I understand that other ships will be able to dock there when NCL isn't there. But does this mean that NCL (Dawn & Spirit) will ONLY dock at Heritage Wharf now?

I'm curious because we are looking at Bermuda for October and so far it seems to be a crap shoot as to which side of the ship is better to book.

But I'm wodering if NCL will start pulling in the same way all time now for some reason?? Any opinions on this?

Also am I correct in thinking that one side would face Dockyard while the other would be ocean view?

What exactly does this meen? I understand that other ships will be able to dock there when NCL isn't there. But does this mean that NCL (Dawn & Spirit) will ONLY dock at Heritage Wharf now?

I'm curious because we are looking at Bermuda for October and so far it seems to be a crap shoot as to which side of the ship is better to book.

But I'm wodering if NCL will start pulling in the same way all time now for some reason?? Any opinions on this?

Also am I correct in thinking that one side would face Dockyard while the other would be ocean view?

According to information published by the Bermudan government, the Spirit will dock at Heritage Wharf and the Dawn at King's Wharf all season.

There is absolutely no way to predict which way the ships will face. It changes all the time depending on the need to test lifeboats on one side of the ship or the other, as well as other maintenance needs.

One side will face Dockyard, the other faces the harbor.

Thanks for the pics! We're heading down in June!:cool:

According to information published by the Bermudan government, the Spirit will dock at Heritage Wharf and the Dawn at King's Wharf all season.

There is absolutely no way to predict which way the ships will face. It changes all the time depending on the need to test lifeboats on one side of the ship or the other, as well as other maintenance needs.

Here's a link from February with the docking schedule and it has the Dawn at Heritage at least when we're there in June?:confused: Not sure which is correct, but we'll find out when the Dawn heads down next week!;) 2009 Bermuda Docking Schedule

Thanks for the pics! We're heading down in June!:cool:

Here's a link from February with the docking schedule and it has the Dawn at Heritage at least when we're there in June?:confused: Not sure which is correct, but we'll find out when the Dawn heads down next week!;) 2009 Bermuda Docking Schedule

The schedule you're linking to is dated "?? February" (yes, with the question marks, not an actual date) so it's probably a draft. The one I'm looking at on the government's Web site is dated 11 February, and listed in the link as revised as of February 26, 2009. Here's a link to the site. when you go to the site, click on the link for the 2009 Cruise Ship Schedule.

http://www.gov.bm/portal/erver.pt?open=512&objID=282&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

OMG!! I just had a closer look at the Bermuda 2009 Cruise Ship Schedule.

It appears that NCL Spirit will always dock at the new Heritage Wharf until 20/23 Sept.

NCL Dawn will dock at Kings Wharf first 3 cruises in May and then at Heritage Wharf for the rest of her visits to Bermuda until 28/30 Oct.

Sorry I had thought that Heritage Wharf was for NCL exclusively, but no.

RCI Jewel of the Seas will dock at HW 6/7 May.

Caribbean Princess will dock at HW on 22 May, 13 June, 15 Aug and 16 Oct (all on Saturdays when none of the NCL ships are in Bermuda).

Costa Atlantica will dock at HW on 3/4 Nov, and finally Carnival Dream on 9/10 Nov.

NCL Dawn is at Heritage Wharf for our cruise according to the link you posted. In fact, as bluesea777 stated she's at HW most of the season except for the first 3 weeks.

NCL Dawn is at Heritage Wharf for our cruise according to the link you posted. In fact, as bluesea777 stated she's at HW most of the season except for the first 3 weeks.

In fact there's a contradiction in the published schedule. If you look at page 4 (which is where I got my information from), the summary schedule for ships regularly calling on Bermuda, it clearly lists the Dawn as always docking at King's Wharf. When you continue on to the month by month schedule, the Dawn is listed, as you say, docking at King's Wharf for it's early cruises and then at Heritage Wharf. Which is correct? I'll accept that the latter is correct, but I wasn't misreading the former.

As far as which side ~ it's a crap shoot. The ships perform lifeboat drills and maintenance while in port. So, depending on which side they want to work on will depend on which side is docked. We've missed it 2 times now. I'm hoping 3rd time's a charm. Will let you know in June!

Don't forget NCL made a ten year agreement with Bermuda before they started construction of the Heritage Wharf, providing two big ships during the summer season, with an NCL exclusive from Boston. So we should expect at least ten more years of NCL Boston and New York Bermuda cruises during the summer season. Without the long term agreement I doubt whether Heritage Wharf would have been built. And its probably why NCL gets to use it.

http://www.northeastcruiseguide.com/Articles/NCL2009-Cruise-Deployment-Boston.htm

Bluesea77 - Thanks for the pictures! I'll be there on the 3rd Spirit cruise out of Boston and I do hope we picked the right side of the ship facing the harbor because if not we'll be having an exciting view of the new facility ashore since we're on Deck 5 midship. Ha ha! Just our luck we'll be facing the facility but I don't mind we're never in the room anyway. :)

Question about the Dockyard and stores that are located there, do you know if the Railroad Museum has a gift shop and if it does do they sell cologne there? I have a mission now for a friend who said when he visited Bermuda (about 10 years ago) that he got cologne from there and wants me to get some. Do you know if that is still there?? :confused:

Thanks!!

Thanks so much!! Our excitement is building!

Archived