4/26/09 Live from Carnival Splendor !!!

Wennfred

The Cruise Critic Party was very nice touch to our cruise, we had lots to drink :D and finally got to meet some cool Cruise Critic cruisers. We had a nice dinner right after and now its time to PACK !!! This should be my Last Post of the Cruise until I get home.

We are finally coming out of the Fog and should arrive into Long Beach early tomorrow morning. We will not do Self Disembark since we will check 2 bags in tonight. We will be hanging out in the Platinum VIP lounge which is in the Disco at 9:15am.

Rumors are that you can book this ship right now for $200.00 for the entire week. Thats what people are saying. But not sure. Our single tablemate Mike will be staying onboard, he book a back to back.

Will I book another Cruise Critic Group Cruise? Heck ya they are alot of fun. Randy and Laura are cool people, hopefully I will get to cruise with them once again. And it was so cool to meet the other Hosts from other boards like Host Anne and the other Hosts.

This has been a fun cruise for all 3 of us, Wendy, her mom Cathy and myself, as long as we are cruising and not at work we are pretty much happy. It doesn't take much to get us going. Lifes too short to whine about anything.

Everyone onboard have a very safe trip home.

Fred

The Cruise Critic Party was very nice touch to our cruise, we had lots to drink :D and finally got to meet some cool Cruise Critic cruisers. We had a nice dinner right after and now its time to PACK !!! This should be my Last Post of the Cruise until I get home.

We are finally coming out of the Fog and should arrive into Long Beach early tomorrow morning. We will not do Self Disembark since we will check 2 bags in tonight. We will be hanging out in the Platinum VIP lounge which is in the Disco at 9:15am.

Rumors are that you can book this ship right now for $200.00 for the entire week. Thats what people are saying. But not sure. Our single tablemate Mike will be staying onboard, he book a back to back.

Will I book another Cruise Critic Group Cruise? Heck ya they are alot of fun. Randy and Laura are cool people, hopefully I will get to cruise with them once again. And it was so cool to meet the other Hosts from other boards like Host Anne and the other Hosts.

This has been a fun cruise for all 3 of us, Wendy, her mom Cathy and myself, as long as we are cruising and not at work we are pretty much happy. It doesn't take much to get us going. Lifes too short to whine about anything.

Everyone onboard have a very safe trip home.

Fred

Look forward to your wonderful pictures. Safe trip home.

That's not true, Tamiflu is reported to be working.

Yep. Tamiflu will significantly reduce the severity of ANY flu as long as it is taken within so many hours of the 1st symptoms. And to clarify what another poster said, NO antibiotics work on ANY flu (only treats pneumonia if you get that as a result of the flu) as the flu is viral and not a bacterial infection.

What gets me is that 35,000 Americans have died from the "regular" flu this year and ZERO have died from the swine flu so what the heck :rolleyes:?!

OP: Thanks for your day to day report...sorry you didn't get to stop in Mexico but with all of the money you saved on shore excursions you can book another cruise.

Fred is a wonderful writer and tries to let everyone live thru him while he is on the cruise so that maybe we can all feel like we are on one as well. with the way everything is right now (economy, layoffs, etc.) people need something to help sometimes. and as long as it isnt hurting anyone else, why not. Like Fred, I work alot of hours (though not as many as he does). I currently cannot wait til my cruise on the Dream in December but that is a long ways away and right now i could use a vacation, even if it is just reading Freds posts while he is on vacation and imagining I am there as well.

Hug71: I think it scares Ted because 1.) he has read every single post and 2.) he has posted the most responses on this thread aside from the OP!

It tickles me pink to read the non-sense that some of the thread sloths have posted...good, cheap entertainment! :p

I wish I had been on this cruise as it sound like there were some great folks on board and I like to surround myself with lemonade makers rather than lemon suckers.

OK, so you believe Fred works 240 hours a week as he claims, you go ahead and believe that... I'll call it BS, which of course it is, but that's the problem with living vicariously through someone else, you lose you identity and your sense of reality.

I personally am glad that Fred found a "Silver Lineing" and had a good time, that doesn't mean I am going to discount or belittle the passengers that got off in LB because they were disappointed. You may do so and that is your right. I hope you enjoy your cruise in December and may everything go as planned, so you are not disappointed :)

Wow someone continues to send in reports WHILE THEY ARE ON VACATION. Sorry guys but when I'm on vacation I won't send anything to you guys or even think about you. I am way to self centered that during my cruise I'M CRUISING. Or maybe I'm not self centered its just I have a family and a life. Sorry to those that feel attacked by that statement but I don't get it. You go on a cruise to get away from things you can do everyday like send in response to CC and then you send in responses to CC. How much heat will I get for this Ted?

Hug71: I think it scares Ted because 1.) he has read every single post and 2.) he has posted the most responses on this thread aside from the OP!

It tickles me pink to read the non-sense that some of the thread sloths have posted...good, cheap entertainment! :p

I wish I had been on this cruise as it sound like there were some great folks on board and I like to surround myself with lemonade makers rather than lemon suckers.

I think you are right about ted EEyoregon. and it is good cheap entertainment.

and ted my december cruise will be great because i will be on vacation. if the ports get changed or we skip one, no problem. and would you like to know why? because It is Vacation and it most likely wont be Carnivals fault Things happen it isnt anything to get upset over.

Wow someone continues to send in reports WHILE THEY ARE ON VACATION. Sorry guys but when I'm on vacation I won't send anything to you guys or even think about you. I am way to self centered that during my cruise I'M CRUISING. Or maybe I'm not self centered its just I have a family and a life. Sorry to those that feel attacked by that statement but I don't get it. You go on a cruise to get away from things you can do everyday like send in response to CC and then you send in responses to CC. How much heat will I get for this Ted?

gtouch,

Hey if it makes you feel better go for it, write to your hearts content. I guess I am self centered and wish to enjoy my vacation without feeling that the whole world is hanging on my every post. If I were Fred and I know I'm not, I would be enjoying every minute with my family and not with the CC community, but hey that's just me, and as has been pointed out it's wrong. Like I said before, I'm glad Fred made the best out of a bad situation, but many others didn't and they should be allowed to voice their opinions as well. That doesn't seem to be acceptable here at CC to many of the posters, now who is self centered?

Be careful Fred!, One of our cruises, we didn't disembark until 2:30 pm, in San Pedro, due to the fog. And you guessed it, they had decided to have immigration do their thing for disembarkation! We were almost mugged on the ship, as I still had a hostess cherry pie, some chips and waters in my carry-off, not to be confused with a carry-on! :D

After thinking about it for a while I suppose you're right, wanting to spend time with my/your family while on vacation is kind of self centered. I guess they get enough of my time at home, so to hell with them, I'm gonna just post away and if they don't like it, well they can just piss off. I'm on Vacation right?

After thinking about it for a while I suppose you're right, wanting to spend time with my/your family while on vacation is kind of self centered. I guess they get enough of my time at home, so to hell with them, I'm gonna just post away and if they don't like it, well they can just piss off. I'm on Vacation right?

gtouch is agreeing with you ted..i think you are missing his point. Or maybe it is me...you know always trying to think logically.

I agree with you as this being a media feeding frenzy more than it should be, but a ship is a confined and rather enclosed container of 3-4,000 people. If a flu passes in such a place, it tends to have a magnifying effect.

The judgement call I believe was the best judgement call under this unique travel situation.

And I agree with you. Carnival had no choice and made the best decision. My beef is all the hoopla here at home with the media trying to scare people-a lot of people are very susceptble to this garbage and are allowing their everyday lives to be very affected by it.

Pat

Chill-out folks, my delete finger is getting sore and my lock thread finger is getting itchy.

Well....be nice peeps!

Fred and all who posted live...thanks and glad y'all had some nice lemonade! Refreshing to hear people who just went with the flow and had fun! I would still love to grab a cheap cruise like this.....

Safe travels home!

Before this thread is shut down, I like to say it was a fun week, we are home. Disembarkation was a breeze because we didnt have to go through customs so we were pretty lucky there. We had breakfast in the Dining room this morning and was off the ship with Zone 1 at around 9:15am. It was a smooth ride all the way down to San Diego.

Will be posting some threads with Pictures soon.

Fred

Welcome home Fred and the rest of the Lemonade Cruisers,

Thanks again for taking the time to keep us updated throughout the week. I can't wait to see your pictures so I can start dreaming about my time on the Splendor, wherever she sails!:D

Archived